OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

skywalkersaga

glitch wrote:
Any chance you could re-title it "Headsculpts and Clothes"? lol
It's been a major pain trying to find clothes that fit these bodies. And I'll probably pass up the S44-45 because of it. Crying or Very sad

I'm actually planning a separate thread specifically for clothing! But it might be a while yet, as I will need to do quite a few illustrative photoshoots to go along with it. But yes, I do have a thread like that planned. Will let you know once I finally post it.... :3

glitch

skywalkersaga wrote:
I'm actually planning a separate thread specifically for clothing! But it might be a while yet, as I will need to do quite a few illustrative photoshoots to go along with it. But yes, I do have a thread like that planned. Will let you know once I finally post it.... :3
Great! I've already got a few things that I can contribute to the list.  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 3 1f604

Ghost808

Does anyone know more details about these? In particular, the...ahem..."secret parts"

Long story short...does S44 have a fully realised baby cannon???

My daughter loves my figures and has been nagging me for one for ages. I think she's old enough now.
These S44 feel less sexualised than many of the others available. Smaller chest, younger physique, etc. So I figured I might get her one, and some clothes to go with it. I figured given the younger look, they might be less "detailed" than their S23 cousins.

Nipples are fine,. Even the "crease" is acceptable, but I don't want to give her a figure that has all the "bells and whistles". That's a bit too much, especially as she is likely to show it to friends.

Anyone know more about these yet. I understand they are officially released now, but might be too soon for anyone to have one in-hand?

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:Anyone know more about these yet. I understand they are officially released now, but might be too soon for anyone to have one in-hand?

GianToy shipped mine a couple of days ago, but that's all I know. Someone in or near China is likely to get it long before anyone this side of the Ocean. There do not appear to be any YouTube reviews yet.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Android18

Android18
I got the s44 in transit at the moment, Love the Alita head. Cant wait to let her out of the box.

Cobratrooper11

Cobratrooper11
but where will i get clothes? i mean these are teenager bodies, and wheres the male? we could make some highschoolers with these, but again clothing. also, tbl needs to push neckless male heads.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These bodies may fit into clothing made for Obitsu 26 or 27 cm dolls, possibly even smaller. My s27b and s25b fit into some Obitsu clothing, but usually the bust area is a problem and needs to be modified. I presume that these are similar in stature and shape to those bodies (more like the s27b, even, perhaps), but with an even smaller bust, and so should have a good chance of fitting those. Likewise, some Barbie 'Made to Move' clothing may fit (but not all).  

If you are under the impression that doll clothing would be too tacky or unrealistic, try looking on Etsy for custom-made versions of the above types of doll clothing. Many doll collectors love realistic and detailed clothing even if their dolls are stylised. So there are lots of doll clothiers on Etsy who create such items. 

(There's also the entire fashion doll side of things (Poppy Parker, Fashion Royalty, etc), and sometimes you can find great clothing that works for tbleague figures that way. However, I don't have as much experience with that type of clothing in relation to the petite bodies.)

My intention has been to eventually make a thread about this subject, but I was waiting for this body to be released and also until I could accumulate enough clothing to make the thread worthwhile. 

Re: the issue about the 'secret parts'.... I am presuming they will have the lower frontal detailing (but not the 'back' detailing), just like almost all tbleague bodies from the last few years. The only tbleague bodies that don't have this are the s12d and some earlier ones, from what I recall.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
If that Mr. Toys Slave Leia set matches a TBL Suntan, this could be the body to use if one could find a bra small enough to work (like the Hasbro one)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 3 C8485110

lunarmoon26

Ghost808 wrote:Does anyone know more details about these? In particular, the...ahem..."secret parts"

Long story short...does S44 have a fully realised baby cannon???

My daughter loves my figures and has been nagging me for one for ages. I think she's old enough now.
These S44 feel less sexualised than many of the others available. Smaller chest, younger physique, etc. So I figured I might get her one, and some clothes to go with it. I figured given the younger look, they might be less "detailed" than their S23 cousins.

Nipples are fine,. Even the "crease" is acceptable, but I don't want to give her a figure that has all the "bells and whistles". That's a bit too much, especially as she is likely to show it to friends.

Anyone know more about these yet. I understand they are officially released now, but might be too soon for anyone to have one in-hand?

I'm a native Chinese speaker and in some QQ group where people share the latest 1/6 figure news. Basically people are very "disappointed" that it's totally flat.

So.. you are safe

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for helping out with that question, lunarmoon26.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If indeed true, that would be a relief to know it’s not overly sexualised.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Gah, these would get released when I have half a dozen pre-orders stacked up and due at the same time.

Oh well, at least TBL base bodies don't disappear inside a month, so this way I can wait for reports on these.

Ghost808

Ghost808
lunarmoon26 wrote:

I'm a native Chinese speaker and in some QQ group where people share the latest 1/6 figure news. Basically people are very "disappointed" that it's totally flat.

So.. you are safe

Thanks lunarmoon. Going to get one ordered.

gooboo

These are getting parted out on ebay now. Saw a picture of the pegs on the body and it looks like the foot pegs at least are a bit smaller than the standard Phicen size. The round ball on other bodies is 1/4'', whereas in these pictures the ball peg looks a bit smaller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124752716667?hash=item1d0bd7637b:g:BZIAAOSwGNRgtlIQ

Diana

Diana
A Man wrote:
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:The heads here, especially the one with the longer hair, are much better, ...
I really like that head. On the last picture she seems to have dark eyes, but on most others the eyes appear to be lighter. THAT would be awesome!
Eyes definitely blue.

Well,... looks like they are pretty dark after all, judging by some Ebay pictures of sellers trying to sell just the head for $60. Rolling Eyes

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
gooboo wrote:These are getting parted out on ebay now. Saw a picture of the pegs on the body and it looks like the foot pegs at least are a bit smaller than the standard Phicen size. The round ball on other bodies is 1/4'', whereas in these pictures the ball peg looks a bit smaller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124752716667?hash=item1d0bd7637b:g:BZIAAOSwGNRgtlIQ

The sockets on the feet certainly seem to be smaller, or rather a slightly different shape than usual.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 3 S-l500

TBL really don't like the idea of cross-compatibility between their figures, do they. Neutral

Still, it's another reason for me not to rush into buying one of these until some trustworthy reviews come in.

Saturn

Saturn
GeeWillikers wrote:
The sockets on the feet certainly seem to be smaller, or rather a slightly different shape than usual.

But the foot itself, at 35 mm, is surprisingly long for such a small body. Shocked
The foot of the S38 is 38 mm, barely longer than these.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Would have thought these would have the same kind of pegs as the s25b and s27b, but maybe not....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Saturn wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

But the foot itself, at 35 mm, is surprisingly long for such a small body. Shocked

Bigger feet for the female figures seems to be a recent trend at TBLeague, a foot fetishist must have joined the design team. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Bigger feet for the female figures seems to be a recent trend at TBLeague, a foot fetishist must have joined the design team. Very Happy

Or maybe it has something to do with proportion and/or stability?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:Would have thought these would have the same kind of pegs as the s25b and s27b, but maybe not....

It's so frustrating that they can't (or don't seem to want to) observe some kind of standard system to make their figures even a little bit more 'hot-swappable'.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GubernatorFan wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Bigger feet for the female figures seems to be a recent trend at TBLeague, a foot fetishist must have joined the design team. Very Happy

Or maybe it has something to do with proportion and/or stability?

Proportionality is fair enough, the bigger feet are actually more realistic in that respect but I'm set in my ways and too used to a daintier foot. Very Happy

I don't think they necessarily win out in terms of stability though, because I usually swap out the bigger feet for smaller ones and have done so without any issues so far - any problems there usually seem to result from wear and tear between socket and peg.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Proportionality is fair enough, the bigger feet are actually more realistic in that respect but I'm set in my ways and too used to a daintier foot. Very Happy

Fair enough. We all have priorities. Mine would tend to be greater realism.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I don't actually mind the bigger feet in principle, I'd just like the option to choose between sizes, but then that probably isn't financially viable for TBL.

Happily there's a market for spare feet. Smile

Saturn

Saturn
GeeWillikers wrote:
Saturn wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

Bigger feet for the female figures seems to be a recent trend at TBLeague, a foot fetishist must have joined the design team. Very Happy

I have nothing against bigger feet, but finding the right shoes for them will be no easy task. Smile

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Saturn wrote:I have nothing against bigger feet, but finding the right shoes for them will be no easy task. Smile

Happily that's not so much of an obstacle as it once was and there are more options available now (mostly heels, granted, but at least one seller I know of is offering court shoe/flats).

gooboo

I'm surprised there's no reviews for this figure up yet. I keep looking around the usual spots but haven't found anything.

Saturn

Saturn
Finally some real photos of the S44:
https://bbs.saraba1st.com/2b/thread-2007663-1-1.html

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's kind of hard to see the actual body because of the poses and the outfits covering everything, but at first glance, it seems like a less muscular, smaller bust s26a-s27b.

ETA: since the 1/6 clothing seems a bit big on it, I'm feeling fairly confident that it will be a good body to use with doll clothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum