OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:The height is for sure short too. I am curious how the listed measurements match up with the IRL version? Is that 272 to the top of the head, or the neck ball? I hope top of the head, but either way it’s a good announcement!

glitch wrote:272mm - is that without the head sculpt? That would make it taller than an S17/16 body (268mm).

I would think that this is with a head sculpt, but something is still a little off. A Man's statistics (paraphrased below) provided comparison to the cited measurements for other bodies, so relatively speaking, it seems like S44-45 will be shorter than S24-25 and slightly taller than S26-27. The cited measurements are:

Height for the S44A is listed as 272mm.
Height for the S24A is 278mm according to Tbleague.
Height for the S26A is 270mm according to Tbleague."

however, looking at the catalog, the measurements for S24A and S26A seem too tall even if the head is included:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

I just double-checked with a couple of handy bodies, S25B and S29B, pictured below. Including head sculpts, S25B is about 26.9 cm tall, S29B is about 27.8 cm tall.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 Tblpb010

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 Tblpb011

Yes, I realize that due to perspective, the ruler in the background is a basically meaningless prop. That is why I measured them precisely and quoted the measurements.

Hope this helps.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

MeMyself&I

GubernatorFan wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:The height is for sure short too. I am curious how the listed measurements match up with the IRL version? Is that 272 to the top of the head, or the neck ball? I hope top of the head, but either way it’s a good announcement!

glitch wrote:272mm - is that without the head sculpt? That would make it taller than an S17/16 body (268mm).

I would think that this is with a head sculpt, but something is still a little off. A Man's statistics (paraphrased below) provided comparison to the cited measurements for other bodies, so relatively speaking, it seems like S44-45 will be shorter than S24-25 and slightly taller than S26-27. The cited measurements are:

Height for the S44A is listed as 272mm.
Height for the S24A is 278mm according to Tbleague.
Height for the S26A is 270mm according to Tbleague."

however, looking at the catalog, the measurements for S24A and S26A seem too tall even if the head is included:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

I just double-checked with a couple of handy bodies, S25B and S29B, pictured below. Including head sculpts, S25B is about 26.9 cm tall, S29B is about 27.8 cm tall.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 Tblpb010

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 Tblpb011

Yes, I realize that due to perspective, the ruler in the background is a basically meaningless prop. That is why I measured them precisely and quoted the measurements.

Hope this helps.

Quite interesting! Is it bad the math side of this hobby is so much fun to me? Lol. I don’t own the bodies you referenced so this is good to have for my personal considerations. Smile

Also, is that a young Mon Mothma on the 25b?

brassco

emm...if they are not similar to the young girl version, but closer to the normal ones, i would be interested...I mean, can the head or hands or feets have pegs that are compatible to the normal size ones? or are they like smaller pegs, that couldn't fit for my kitbash purposes?

And...will they make even smaller bust??? like A cup?

skywalkersaga

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:You should just sell the head on ebay... I'm sure someone will want it. ;p

Agree the heads on these are quite cute, if a little too stylized for my preferences/purposes. I've been compiling a list of smaller heads that are known to work with the existing petite bodies (well, both the s24a/s25b and the s26a/s27b), and I would think at least some of those would work with these. But it probably depends on how slim that neck is....

One day I'll get the hang of that eBay selling thing. Smile As for the neck, you can always stuff it a little bit if it is too thin.

I wouldn't be able to afford this hobby if I didn't sell on ebay! ;p

And ah yeah, I've never had to do that before so I forgot about that method. Usually my problem is the opposite, the neck is too thick...

As for the height discussion... I'm absolutely abysmal at math(s), but as long as the figure is no taller than the s29b, then I'm cool with it.

ETA: I remembered this image from when the petite bodies were first available... the last two body types show the s24a/s25b and the s26a/s27b, respectively. So going by this (and assuming the given height is referring to the figure with a head), it seems like this new body is in fact in-between the two?

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 O1CN01RuMj5K1GfjvLtGk6y_!!205300650

That said, exact heights may vary depending on the size of the headsculpt used, it seems...

Diana

Diana
I was soo close to buying an S25 (and I still might), but I really don't care for the head/neck peg troubles.
I hope that the connector will be the regular size here. That to me is the big question. And whether normal sized hands will fit, too. Cause these are tiny (they look the same as the S37's).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:I was soo close to buying an S25 (and I still might), but I really don't care for the head/neck peg troubles.
I hope that the connector will be the regular size here. That to me is the big question. And whether normal sized hands will fit, too. Cause these are tiny (they look the same as the S37's).

Honestly, the head and neck issues with the s25b are not that bad! There are plenty of heads out there that fit, and the neck situation is quite readily solved with just wrapping some plastic wrap + small rubber band around the neck peg. So yeah...don't let it scare you off -- the body itself is quite nice. At least, it's my current top fave, despite my own issues with it (the overly large bust, mainly). I have a list I've made for myself of heads that are known to fit the s25b (and some that fit the smaller s27b)... would it help if I posted that?

Re: this new body -- what you say about the hands and neck is actually a concern for me with this one, as well. But as long a they aren't any smaller than the s25b and s27b pegs, then I'd be totally fine with it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:I have a list I've made for myself of heads that are known to fit the s25b (and some that fit the smaller s27b)... would it help if I posted that?
YESYESYES!!! Definitely!! That would be awesome!! Very Happy 💚

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I have a list I've made for myself of heads that are known to fit the s25b (and some that fit the smaller s27b)... would it help if I posted that?
YESYESYES!!! Definitely!! That would be awesome!! Very Happy  💚

Ok...I'm on it... Wink

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Oh well. I would have much prefered that they release 'Viking Woman' or better still the 'Month' body as a pale/suntan base body with detachable feet (fingers still very much crossed), but any new body type is welcome, especially in this direction. I do like the little sport suit/shirt combo.

I do hope though that this isn't a total nightmare to find heads for. Neutral With that in mind, I'll probably pick up one with a head just in case.

The upper body is perhaps a little too slim for my taste (a wider upper torso would also make the bust appear smaller again), but I'm really happy to see these proportions on a tall-ish body.

Next up, Viking Woman and/or Month bodies please TBL, swiftly followed by an average-height AA male body and some Ladies Of Colour (athletic AA female top of the list).

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Actually it's a shame that the S24/25 isn't proportioned more like this or at least less busty (but on the other hand I can also see why they didn't want to make it too childlike), I like the one I do own, apart from the mahoosive boobs and the peg size issues.

And I'm also trying to work out if this new body has the 'new & improved' gargantuan feet that TBL seem to have become fond of lately, which will make the rest of the body look smaller (although to be fair the new bigger feet are more proportionally realistic, but after years of dainty TBL feet they just seem wrong to me).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My biggest issue with this body at the moment is the fact that it seems to lack much in the way of muscle tone. Combined with the fact that it's quite petite/slender, it just feels a little... insubstantial? If they were doing another petite body, I'd have preferred them to revist the s25b, but just with a smaller bust.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I think the 24/25 are stylized adult bodies while these ones aim for teenagers, maybe 16 year olds?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:My biggest issue with this body at the moment is the fact that it seems to lack much in the way of muscle tone. Combined with the fact that it's quite petite/slender, it just feels a little... insubstantial? If they were doing another petite body, I'd have preferred them to revist the s25b, but just with a smaller bust.

Well, as predictably sexualised as it is, I'm looking at this one as a sort of 'not-yet-fully-formed' teenage body (or at least the nearest TBL will get to doing a realistic one for the forseeable) so for now I can live without much muscle definition. It looks like a less cartoonishly-disproportionate version of what I would have wanted from the S36/37*, although a realistically tall (gangly) and skinny (not anorexic) or proportionately-plump teenage body probably isn't on TBL's agenda. I think we're lucky that they're even bothering to make this one, to be honest (hopefully it sells well enough to convince them it's a commercially valid move and we can then have different spins on this bodytype in future).

* I know the 36/37 is a specific 'anime' bodytype that's not intended to be too realistic, but it was still frustrating to me that parts of it - the legs at least - would have made a good basis for a more realistic 'tall and skinny' bodytype.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Valiarde wrote:I think the 24/25 are stylized adult bodies while these ones aim for teenagers, maybe 16 year olds?

Yep, these are now up for preorder at GianToy, and 'teenage' is how they're describing them.

https://giantoy.com/collections/phicen/products/1-6-tbleague-plsb2021-teenage-female-body-w-head-s44-s45

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I get that it's supposed to be younger -- the muscle nitpick is just a personal thing because I'd love to be able to use it for a specific figure, but it's just a bit too waif-like for said character.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It would be great to see a more toned bodytype like this, but with TBL I think that's maybe still a ways off.

Small steps... Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Sky. The S24-25 body is pretty great in terms of size and physique. I understand the annoyance with the smaller size of pegs, but most hands and feet can be supplied from others of the same body, and as long as you have a head that looks about right size-wise, one could always modify the neck (yank out the interior neck connector and use some foamie or other stuffing that allows for a good fit). They used to have body versions with different sized busts, and I wish they had done that with S24-25 too. I suppose this here is as close as we are going to get to that, although the body shape is actually different. Sky, your list of heads compatible (size-wise) with S24-25 will be most welcome.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree with Sky. The S24-25 body is pretty great in terms of size and physique. I understand the annoyance with the smaller size of pegs, but most hands and feet can be supplied from others of the same body, and as long as you have a head that looks about right size-wise, one could always modify the neck (yank out the interior neck connector and use some foamie or other stuffing that allows for a good fit). They used to have body versions with different sized busts, and I wish they had done that with S24-25 too.

I suppose it's understandable that they didn't go with a smaller bust size for the smaller 24-27 bodies (even if the rest of the body design isn't particularly childlike), but I find the large rack a big drawback with those figures, even more so than the peg size/head fit issues (which as you say you can work around). The too-big bust was also a too-big problem with the other 'teenage' S34/35 body, so I think this figure is a nice compromise - although I'm still trying to work out how tall these bodies actually are seeing as they look tiny in that chair in the promo shots. Smile

Also, those new 'open' hands that TBL have been including with their base bodies lately - they just don't look right, do they?

(the angle from the wrist up to the placement of the thumb is all wrong)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The large bust on the s25b is rather er, prominent when the figure is completely nude, but with clothing (even just a bit of it), it can look a lot more balanced. Likewise, some heads that might seem a tad large on it when its nude, also look better once it's clothed. Such as the Villa head, for example. It seems a bit oversized on a nude s25b, but with clothing it works (at least, for me!). I get that some people care more about using these tbleagues as nudes (for reference, decoration, or whatever), but since I clothe almost all of my 1/6 bodies, most of my s25b's end up looking a bit less glaringly busty. ;p

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
True, the big advantage of the 24-27 bodies is that they're much easier to dress and find outfits for.

davidd

davidd
Pre-orders available at Big Bad Toy Store:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/155947

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/155961

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/155969

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/155979

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She’s up at Giantoy, as well. ($57.99 USD)

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 C8485110

A Man

Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:The heads here, especially the one with the longer hair, are much better, ...
I really like that head. On the last picture she seems to have dark eyes, but on most others the eyes appear to be lighter. THAT would be awesome!
Eyes definitely blue.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
YESYESYES!!! Definitely!! That would be awesome!! Very Happy  💚

Here you go Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3873-headsculpts-for-petite-tbleague-bodies-s24a-s25b-and-s26a-s27b-continually-updated

glitch

glitch
Any chance you could re-title it "Headsculpts and Clothes"? lol
It's been a major pain trying to find clothes that fit these bodies. And I'll probably pass up the S44-45 because of it. Crying or Very sad

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
glitch wrote:
Any chance you could re-title it "Headsculpts and Clothes"? lol
It's been a major pain trying to find clothes that fit these bodies. And I'll probably pass up the S44-45 because of it. Crying or Very sad

I'm actually planning a separate thread specifically for clothing! But it might be a while yet, as I will need to do quite a few illustrative photoshoots to go along with it. But yes, I do have a thread like that planned. Will let you know once I finally post it.... :3

glitch

glitch
skywalkersaga wrote:
I'm actually planning a separate thread specifically for clothing! But it might be a while yet, as I will need to do quite a few illustrative photoshoots to go along with it. But yes, I do have a thread like that planned. Will let you know once I finally post it.... :3
Great! I've already got a few things that I can contribute to the list.  NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 2 1f604

Ghost808

Ghost808
Does anyone know more details about these? In particular, the...ahem..."secret parts"

Long story short...does S44 have a fully realised baby cannon???

My daughter loves my figures and has been nagging me for one for ages. I think she's old enough now.
These S44 feel less sexualised than many of the others available. Smaller chest, younger physique, etc. So I figured I might get her one, and some clothes to go with it. I figured given the younger look, they might be less "detailed" than their S23 cousins.

Nipples are fine,. Even the "crease" is acceptable, but I don't want to give her a figure that has all the "bells and whistles". That's a bit too much, especially as she is likely to show it to friends.

Anyone know more about these yet. I understand they are officially released now, but might be too soon for anyone to have one in-hand?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:Anyone know more about these yet. I understand they are officially released now, but might be too soon for anyone to have one in-hand?

GianToy shipped mine a couple of days ago, but that's all I know. Someone in or near China is likely to get it long before anyone this side of the Ocean. There do not appear to be any YouTube reviews yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum