OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

GeeWillikers

Saturn wrote:I have nothing against bigger feet, but finding the right shoes for them will be no easy task. Smile

Happily that's not so much of an obstacle as it once was and there are more options available now (mostly heels, granted, but at least one seller I know of is offering court shoe/flats).

gooboo

I'm surprised there's no reviews for this figure up yet. I keep looking around the usual spots but haven't found anything.

Saturn

Finally some real photos of the S44:
https://bbs.saraba1st.com/2b/thread-2007663-1-1.html

skywalkersaga

It's kind of hard to see the actual body because of the poses and the outfits covering everything, but at first glance, it seems like a less muscular, smaller bust s26a-s27b.

ETA: since the 1/6 clothing seems a bit big on it, I'm feeling fairly confident that it will be a good body to use with doll clothing.

DarthJ

I have ordered both with heads as pre-sale from a EU shop as I don't trust buying from a Chinese shop for the moment because of the new Customs rules starting in July. The figures cost maybe 10 Euro cheaper in China but I could end up paying about 60 Euro Customs related taxes and VAT extra.
More interesting is that delivery is expected in August.

Saturn

Saturn
DarthJ wrote:I have ordered both with heads as pre-sale from a EU shop as I don't trust buying from a Chinese shop for the moment because of the new Customs rules starting in July. The figures cost maybe 10 Euro cheaper in China but I could end up paying about 60 Euro Customs related taxes and VAT extra.

I have an open order that will be tight due to the new customs rules.  Shocked
Although as I see it, if I include the shipping cost (free shipping from China), it will still be slightly cheaper to order directly from China.

DarthJ

At the moment Chinese sellers are the most interesting with lower prices, usually free shipping and no Customs related taxes. Question is if they will be able to bypass customs once the new rules are applied.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well as far as the UK is concerned, if our 'friends' in government have engineered extra customs charges on top of the VAT bounty that they've already lovingly awarded themselves, that's me priced out of this hobby after July.  Mad

As far as the photos linked to above go, while the 'bagginess' of the second outfit certainly suggests that these are indeed smaller than usual, there isn't that much else to be learned about this model from them sadly. I'm not concerned either way about 'secret parts' but it'll certainly be useful to get peg measurements and see the figure in side-by-side height comparisons with other models.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:Would have thought these would have the same kind of pegs as the s25b and s27b, but maybe not....
Might be the same as the S34/5

Saturn

Saturn
S45 - pictures of the headsculpt and the part of the body above the breasts:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=373870

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:Well as far as the UK is concerned, if our 'friends' in government have engineered extra customs charges on top of the VAT bounty that they've already lovingly awarded themselves, that's me priced out of this hobby after July.  Mad

Well, that's depressing news. I have been putting off buying a lot of tbleague bodies that I need in order to complete various projects....guess I'd better go order those asap.....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Ghost808

Ghost808
DarthJ wrote:I have ordered both with heads as pre-sale from a EU shop as I don't trust buying from a Chinese shop for the moment because of the new Customs rules starting in July. The figures cost maybe 10 Euro cheaper in China but I could end up paying about 60 Euro Customs related taxes and VAT extra.
I wasn't aware of any major changes to customs/VAT!! I have 2 pre orders from China, both due in June (but likely going to be much later).

I really hate the uk gov. Only 2% tax to mega corps, but they sting regular folks at every turn!

Saturn

Saturn
Ghost808 wrote:I really hate the uk gov. Only 2% tax to mega corps, but they sting regular folks at every turn!

It's not only the UK... Mad
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/n1tj5p/new_eu_tax_regulation_from_july_1_2021/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I have no idea how much the customs will be so I can't say if it will price me out or not, but it will no doubt make my collecting timeframe even slower and more drawn out than it already is.  As it stands, I currently have at least 20+ WIP projects stagnating because I still need to purchase more tbleague bodies and parts in order to complete them, and can only afford a few things per month. At this rate, it will take me 20 years to finish... :'( 

As for the figure/body -- I'm not overly impressed with the headsculpt, but then I did not like the s34/s35 sculpts, either, and it reminds me of those in style. And I'm undecided on the body, as it's hard to tell which alternative headsculpts will work with it unless/until there's more comparison pics.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Saturn wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:I really hate the uk gov. Only 2% tax to mega corps, but they sting regular folks at every turn!

It's not only the UK...  Mad
https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/n1tj5p/new_eu_tax_regulation_from_july_1_2021/

As it says at the end of the article, we in the UK have already been 'enjoying' that state of affairs since January when our own low value VAT exemption on imports ended (aliexpress already slaps 20% VAT on all orders at checkout for UK buyers, while ebay have at least started adding the increase to the actual listings). The 'only' thing for us to worry about come July 1st it seems are those nebulous 'handling and import fees'...

DarthJ wrote:At the moment Chinese sellers  are the most interesting with lower prices, usually free shipping and no Customs related taxes. Question is if they will be able to bypass customs once the new rules are applied.
I'd assume they won't be able to - they don't seem to be able to do it anymore to the UK. Some still do offer Free Shipping, but any savings there are swallowed up by the new tax increases.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
TravelGuide wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Would have thought these would have the same kind of pegs as the s25b and s27b, but maybe not....
Might be the same as the S34/5

I'm thinking that myself - a midway point between the smaller and larger models like the 34/35. I just wish they'd settle on a standard peg size for all their models.

johntamph

I was kinda excited for it, only to find out I've got no heads to fit it. Luckily the i8toys head is designed for a teenager so the fit is acceptable.

Unfortunately, Ive got no s24/s26 to compare it to.

Yes, The pegs are smaller than the normal (neck, hands, feet)
And to confirm, the crotch area is just flat, zero details.

Heres the S19 towering over it.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 4 20210610

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing, babtamisen. I suspected it would require a smaller headsculpt as the neck looked quite thin ... curious to see if any of heads I use for the existing petite tbleague bodies (s24a-s27b) will work on it or not. 

It looks like it has a very slender/petite upper body, which is at least good news for anyone who wants to use doll clothing on it.

ETA: I really don't like the style of hands it comes with though. I like the gesture, but the hands themselves seem overly tiny.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, maybe if some of those Last of Us Ellie heads start showing up loose, those will work with it…

We could definitely use some more teenage figures (though most drive me nuts in real life).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 4 C8485110

Saturn

Saturn
This video doesn't show much more, but maybe:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Mq4y177Vy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pic johntamph. Smile

The hands do look 'off', partly due to size but also to the odd thumb-to-wrist design of that 'open' pose and the (by now) usual TBL Fat Wrist Syndrome.

The feet look OK. If they are an 'inbetween' size, TBL might actually have reached a decent compromise between small and large, here.

I was expecting these bodies to be built for smaller heads, so if/when I do get one, I'll get one with a head already attached even though I'm not exactly in love with either option.

Let's have that Viking Woman body now, please TBL.

johntamph

Yes also was not too excited about the default head that is why I stuck with just the body. This just now gave me a problem of hunting smaller, non animeish heads.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 4 20210611

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It is quite a nice body-type though, to be fair.

Check out sky's thread below for some time-saving head options

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3873-headsculpts-for-petite-tbleague-bodies-s24a-s25b-and-s26a-s27b-continually-updated

Stryker2011 wrote:Well, maybe if some of those Last of Us Ellie heads start showing up loose, those will work with it…

From the newer teen versions I've only seen a couple of the blood-spattered 'angry' heads so far. The 'calm' ones would probably (hopefully) be a great fit, even though I'd prefer rooted hair personally.

Saturn

Saturn
johntamph wrote:And to confirm, the crotch area is just flat, zero details.

Are the nipples missing too?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the photos, johntamph.

johntamph

Saturn wrote:

There are nipples surprisingly.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
johntamph wrote:Yes also was not too excited about the default head that is why I stuck with just the body. This just now gave me a problem of hunting smaller, non animeish heads.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 4 20210611

I think the head looks great with the body. Not sure how to feel about how small the waist is, but overall I like this new TBLeague body.

Saturn

Saturn
johntamph wrote:
Saturn wrote:

There are nipples surprisingly.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to S26 vs S44 comparison pictures. I hope someone can post some soon.

johntamph

Playing around it, I find it has the same shoulder/elbow joint issues as the s28/29 body although not as prevalent.. Might be issues of smaller/thinner metal frame?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum