OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

GeeWillikers

I have an S45 and while I don't really dislike it or anything (the one I have is actually pretty well-made), I have little use for it and I don't see me getting any more to be honest.  I know you could bulk out the torso with clothing but even so, for realism's sake I'd prefer it if that upper body was broader but kept the same bust size and shape.

GubernatorFan wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Quick question: can anyone who has one of these confirm how big the feet actually are?

Spare TBL feet always come in (erm) handy, and I bought what I was assured was a loose pair of feet from an S45 on ebay (yeah I know), only to discover they are actually a pair of TBL's new favourite 'giant sized' 3.5cm feet rather than the smaller ones I was expecting. The big feet would surely look stupid on such a small and slender body, and the peg sockets also don't match the smaller size I'm seeing here... but before I take it up with the seller (and short of buying a full 44/45 body seeing as they're around number 10 on my 'to buy' list) I wonder if a kind 44/45 owner could give me a better idea..

Just saw this. The feet on the S45A are indeed 3.5 cm at their longest and about 1.2 cm at their widest (not sure about the accuracy of the second measurement).

Thanks GF, I ended up getting an S45 anyway eventually. Smile

Disputed the feet I received, seller didn't argue, got a refund and kept the 'big' feet. A rare eb*y win!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Thanks GF, I ended up getting an S45 anyway eventually. Smile

Disputed the feet I received, seller didn't argue, got a refund and kept the 'big' feet. A rare eb*y win!

Indeed. Glad it worked out. Sounds like the seller was careless about the labeling and they did the right thing in the end.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

davidd

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 Feb1c
February Fun in Florida

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 Feb1b

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 Feb1a

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 Feb1d

TBLeague S45 figure

DarthJ

Sunshine, a nice sandy beach and S45.

The things I do NOT have here.

Life is unfair.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What did the bird think of the figure? And I hope you managed to clean off the sand. It likes the rubbery material way too much, and the feeling is not reciprocated.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great pics, Davidd! Outdoor shots are so much fun.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:What did the bird think of the figure? And I hope you managed to clean off the sand. It likes the rubbery material way too much, and the feeling is not reciprocated.

The bird was definitely stalking the figure, probably thinking it was edible. These egrets, along with herons and gulls, regularly raid the bait pails of people fishing on the beach.

I think I got the sand rinsed off. But now I'm wondering what effect the sea water might have on the internal steel armature. Will the armature rust? I'll keep y'all posted!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots, Dave. And very brave of you. I’m surprised the surf didn’t take her out to sea. Good luck with the results of the salt water (and sand).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, it is supposed to be stainless steel... And if you washed and wiped it good... hopefully all's well.

Diana

Diana
Beautiful shots! Love the one with the bird especially. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Nice pics!  And I like the 'giant' bird at the end. ;D  

This figure is definitely cute and I would consider it in future if I needed a somewhat more stylised body. I really don't like the other 'anime' bodies with the giant boobs (sorry not sorry Laughing ), so this is a better alternative. I even have something in mind I could potentially use it for, but I'm in no rush and it will depend greatly on whether an official version is ever made.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Heh, I love that last pic, very Ray Harryhausen Very Happy

I second everyone's hopes about the seawater and the sand, though pale

In the words of The Who:

"Here by the sea and sand/Nothing ever goes as planned"

davidd

davidd
TBLeague S44 (pale):

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 51917803139_184ce3f5a5_c

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She likes it on the beach Smile Great actionpic.

[nitpick]while running/walking you move your left arm forward with your right leg[/nitpick]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice shot, David. Hope you managed to keep her reasonably clean from all that TPE-loving sand. Smile

davidd

davidd
TravelGuide wrote:

[nitpick]while running/walking you move your left arm forward with your right leg[/nitpick]

This is true, and I forgot to make the adjustment while trying to get the figure to balance.

DarthJ

Finally, they have arrived. Still got them at the original 2021 price, when I check Ebay I get the impression prices have gone up since.

My personal first opinion, never mind if everything has been said before already.

Bodies : those slender hourglass shaped and long legged bodies are rather suited for anime, not teenagers. The breasts look as miniature implants, not realistic.

Body colours : the tan is rather vale though  head and body colours match.
                     The pale one is really bright with a pinkish peach tone. Again, rather suited for anime or comics. The head colour differs somewhat from the body (less pinkish).

Hands : both dolls are delivered with "clenched fists" attached. You have to position them at certain angles or they won't match the arms.

Heads : I like the heads, fitting for these figures. If it's the same headsculpt they managed to make 2 distinct heads out of it.

Conclusion : except if you are going for anime looks the tan one is the best option with a more realistic though not especially pretty skin colour.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 Img_6910

Diana

Diana
Nice! Thank you for posting that. The photo is very useful, and what a cute dio! Very Happy

PBarr

Hi all. I apologise for the very naive newbie question I am about to ask. I bought a S44a body without head sculpt last Christmas, as my very first TBleague figure. However, after buying several different neck connectors from eBay over the months (from China) I still cannot find the correct neck adapter for the S44a after 10 months and it is driving me mad!

TL:DR, does anyone know where I can buy the right neck connector for the S44a? I will be eternally thankful! 🙂

PBarr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PBarr wrote:Hi all. I apologise for the very naive newbie question I am about to ask. I bought a S44a body without head sculpt last Christmas, as my very first TBleague figure. However, after buying several different neck connectors from eBay over the months (from China) I still cannot find the correct neck adapter for the S44a after 10 months and it is driving me mad!

TL:DR, does anyone know where I can buy the right neck connector for the S44a? I will be eternally thankful! 🙂

PBarr

I can't be sure but it sounds to me that there are two problems going on: the unusually small size of the neck peg on that body and, possibly, the opening in the head. Instead of worrying about the neck connectors, I would suggest lining the opening in the head with a length of foamie. When you achieve a reasonably tight fit, it would work about as well (and in some ways more user-friendly) than a proper inside neck connector.  Some of this is illustrated here, among other things:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

I hope this helps.

PBarr

GubernatorFan wrote:
PBarr wrote:Hi all. I apologise for the very naive newbie question I am about to ask. I bought a S44a body without head sculpt last Christmas, as my very first TBleague figure. However, after buying several different neck connectors from eBay over the months (from China) I still cannot find the correct neck adapter for the S44a after 10 months and it is driving me mad!

PBarr

I can't be sure but it sounds to me that there are two problems going on: the unusually small size of the neck peg on that body and, possibly, the opening in the head. Instead of worrying about the neck connectors, I would suggest lining the opening in the head with a length of foamie. When you achieve a reasonably tight fit, it would work about as well (and in some ways more user-friendly) than a proper inside neck connector.  Some of this is illustrated here, among other things:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t310-head-conversion-tutorial-updated-with-part-iii-june-2019

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much - I shall try that this evening! Much appreciated.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
PBarr wrote:Thank you so much - I shall try that this evening! Much appreciated.

You are very welcome, I hope it works for you. Remember to experiment with different lengths and widths. Thick foamies work best on male heads, female heads usually have smaller openings so one could use slightly thinner ones or simply less material. Just remember to be a little cautious if you pick the figure up by the head (depending on how tight a fit you make).

davidd

davidd
PBarr wrote:However, after buying several different neck connectors from eBay over the months (from China) I still cannot find the correct neck adapter for the S44a after 10 months and it is driving me mad!

The neck peg on the S44/45 is the same size as the S36/37 "anime" bodies. The only neck adapter I have found that fits is the one included with the heads that come with these bodies.

My easy and inexpensive solution has been to wrap the ball of the neck connector with Teflon tape (plumber's tape or thread seal tape).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:My easy and inexpensive solution has been to wrap the ball of the neck connector with Teflon tape (plumber's tape or thread seal tape).

Just make sure the tape does not touch the TPE "flesh." I used to do the same thing with electrical tape on the foot pegs, but if the tape touches the "flesh" it gets very messy and possibly damaging to the body.

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
davidd wrote:My easy and inexpensive solution has been to wrap the ball of the neck connector with Teflon tape (plumber's tape or thread seal tape).

Just make sure the tape does not touch the TPE "flesh." I used to do the same thing with electrical tape on the foot pegs....

Teflon thread seal tape is not sticky, and it is supposedly non-reactive with most plastics and rubber compounds. Some members on doll collecting forums recommend wrapping neck connections in thread seal tape to avoid "neck melt" that plagues some brands of dolls when the plastic of the head reacts over time with the different compounds in the bodies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_seal_tape

DarthJ

I simply use bits of paper handkerchiefs or similar to fill gaps and tighten fits.  Plenty available, doesn't damage anything. If you feel artistic you could even make papier-maché out of that paper.

A trick from the model builders world would be to take the closest fitting peg, heat it (gently) and then squeeze it around the neck ball.
Note I didn't try this myself, I'm waiting for a guinea pig.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
'Neck melt'?? Never heard of that.... do you have an example?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
skywalkersaga wrote:'Neck melt'?? Never heard of that.... do you have an example?

Ditto. That seems like a rare occurrence?

DarthJ

Don't know about "neck melt" but "hip and other parts) melt" is very common for the Dusty figure from Kenner.

An ugly example borrowed from Ebay. Still $29.95.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 7 S-l16010

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum