OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

MeMyself&I

When announced I was intrigued and even debated preordering. Now, thanks to everyone’s photos/video links, I’m glad I didn’t waste my money. And I won’t waste it on this body. I have characters I could make with something this size, but this looks so disproportionate (those arms especially!) I just can’t. It isn’t a good release from what I can see of the overall picture.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:When announced I was intrigued and even debated preordering. Now, thanks to everyone’s photos/video links, I’m glad I didn’t waste my money. And I won’t waste it on this body. I have characters I could make with something this size, but this looks so disproportionate (those arms especially!) I just can’t. It isn’t a good release from what I can see of the overall picture.

At this point I think its one redeeming feature in my book are the small breasts -- which are useful for all sorts of reasons (variety, realism, clothing); but there are just too many other flaws. All they had to do, really, was create a small-breasted version of their earlier petite bodies. So while I keep buying S25Bs, I will not be buying this one again.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:All they had to do, really, was create a small-breasted version of their earlier petite bodies. So while I keep buying S25Bs, I will not be buying this one again.

Absolutely. I was looking forward to this, but it doesn’t look right at all. They could have used the S19 or similar, and just reduced the bust size. Simple solution, but they screw up.

Ghost808

Thanks Gubernator, for the in-depth review. I'm glad I only ordered the one for my daughter. (Though I'm worried she'll be disappointed too) The lack of genitals has worked out great for me in this instance, but like you say, it's somewhat odd to make a figure with a crotch as smooth as a barbie, yet has detailed nipples. Better to just keep both or drop both, surely?

I wouldn't mind a smaller chested figure for a bit of variety, but this definitely isn't it. The thick, way too short arms and tiny hands, are really jarring. (Hopefully my youngster won't notice!! confused)

I really don't know what TBLeaugue were thinking with these???

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the comparisons, GF. Though it's not doing the new body any favours, imo. Razz 

And geez.... the current tbleague 'suntan' is incredibly pale. I still need to pick up some suntan bodies for a couple figures, and I'm not happy about how light it is. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks guys, glad you liked the photos (the qualities of the product notwithstanding) and the brief notes. The mentioned thickness of the arms is probably an illusion caused by their relative shortness. And they really should have taken one of their successful bodies and simply given it a smaller breast size. I also noticed that the suntan skin tone on this most recent product is slightly paler than the "new suntan" of the not so old S25B. They should be going darker, not lighter with this option (especially since they already make a pale version), or better yet supply a range of maybe four options from pale to light tan (which is what sun tan is or was) to tan to brown. Jiaou has the right idea there, although both the physical product and its coloring fall short of their potential.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pics GF Smile

Next to the S25, this just looks... odd. Neutral  I think I might save my money after all.

The weird 'secret' detailing discrepancy here reminds me of the even stranger case of the S10/12 (no genital detailing whatsoever of the 'front area', but a fully-detailed 'back passage'). Just make a definite choice for each body and stick with it, TBL.

Stryker2011 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:All they had to do, really, was create a small-breasted version of their earlier petite bodies. So while I keep buying S25Bs, I will not be buying this one again.

Absolutely. I was looking forward to this, but it doesn’t look right at all. They could have used the S19 or similar, and just reduced the bust size. Simple solution, but they screw up.

While it isn't petite, they really need to release the smaller-busted 'Monthu' figure as a base body.

They could of course have saved themselves a lot of trouble in the first place by just making the S34/35 with a smaller bust and detachable feet.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Thanks for the pics GF Smile Next to the S25, this just looks... odd. Neutral  I think I might save my money after all. The weird 'secret' detailing discrepancy here reminds me of the even stranger case of the S10/12 (no genital detailing whatsoever of the front crotch area, but a fully-detailed 'back passage'). Just make a definite choice for each body and stick with it, TBL.

You're welcome. In principle, they should never scale back offered features, although I realize that people's needs might occasionally go the other way. Ideally, there would be a range of comparable products (e.g., the same bodies with seamless or removable feet, or the same bodies with or without anatomical correctness). Of course, that might seem economically risky for them to try, although the way they have gone about it inconsistently is not particularly sensible -- to me.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GeeWillikers wrote:The weird 'secret' detailing discrepancy here….Just make a definite choice for each body and stick with it, TBL.

This made me think of how they “Ken dolled” the male bodies and how my buddy bust out laughing at how I described the M34 and it’s “accessories.” 😂

You aren’t wrong though, TBL’s consistency seems to be all over in their design choices for the female bodies (I don’t say male because the selection is clearly even more limited). I know humans have variations in literally every part of them, and you can’t hope to cover it all, be it below the belt or above it, but anatomy does kinda follow certain paths that don’t really vary at their core.

johntamph

Tbleague should have just modified the S17 by giving it a "flatter" chest and fix the butt even though I can live with the latter.

Android18

Android18
Im happy with her, head sold it for me.NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 <a href=NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51240676902_9820171180_k20210612_145021 by Android--18, on Flickr" />NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 <a href=NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51241386056_0fc72f18d5_k20210612_150608 by Android--18, on Flickr" />NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 <a href=NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51240676887_9d24bb5da9_k20210612_150635 by Android--18, on Flickr" />

brassco

brassco
@Android18:
your pictures actually accentuated the beauty of this body. Now i am looking thru my 1/6th wardrobe to see if anything else fit...

johntamph

tbh I like the body I think it has some use cases NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 20210613NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 20210612

brassco

brassco
@johntamph: Nice! Is there a gloved handsculpt for this body type?

johntamph

brassco wrote:@johntamph: Nice! Is there a gloved handsculpt for this body type?

not sure but poptoys/hottoys hands might be a nice fit.

Android18

Android18
That out fit is so nice, the skirt is fabulos.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the additional pics, I agree that the posing does help accentuate some of its positive qualities. I'm still not crazy about the arms or the weirdly small hands, but perhaps they could be swapped for the s25b hands. Also, I've felt from the start that this body would be best suited for fully clothed figures, as it looks slim enough to fit a wide range of doll clothing. The uncertainty I still have though is whether or not any of the heads I have in mind would be small enough for it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
It does undeniably look better clothed, and it also seems to look a lot more appealing in isolation than it does when compared with other bodies.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Provided one can find heads and clothes that fit reasonably well, this body certainly has some potential, despite its shortcomings. But these are challenges even for the slightly fuller S24A-S25B.

Diana

Diana
Don't judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree. Smile
I like this body, too, though I have no use for it. Those are some beautiful photos though, thank you!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 230129ntxxomlwlg22mmuj

An interesting pic from the Shanghai convention that shows how short the 44 and 45 are in a lineup between a 34 on the left and I think a seamless-footed 36/37 on the right (and I believe the elbow of a 42 at far left  Smile ).  Note how the not-exactly gigantic 34 dwarfs the 44 and 45...

Also: Note what appears to be a seamless-footed version of 45 seated in front...

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Quick question: can anyone who has one of these confirm how big the feet actually are?

Spare TBL feet always come in (erm) handy, and I bought what I was assured was a loose pair of feet from an S45 on ebay (yeah I know), only to discover they are actually a pair of TBL's new favourite 'giant sized' 3.5cm feet rather than the smaller ones I was expecting. The big feet would surely look stupid on such a small and slender body, and the peg sockets also don't match the smaller size I'm seeing here... but before I take it up with the seller (and short of buying a full 44/45 body seeing as they're around number 10 on my 'to buy' list) I wonder if a kind 44/45 owner could give me a better idea.

GENUINE TBLEAGUE CUSTOMER TESTIMONIAL:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Man-posing-giving-thumbs-up_23-2148372515
Mr PD of Upper Limpopo says: "I never knew I had a foot fetish until I started buying TBLeague!"

cuongcodon

cuongcodon
brassco wrote:
Spoiler for NSFW, click to view:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 03
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Seg-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Oznor-WO-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Seg-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Oznor-WO-soft

A comparison btw S26, S44 and good old S07. I tried to level them even i was taking pictures with them laying on the table. Clearly, S07 is the tallest, follow by S44. And, since there wasn't any "details" on the body parts, i didn't do the censoring.

The connecting pegs are clearly different, but the S26 can interchange with S44. Strangely, even the shorter S26 has slightly bigger hands than S44.

And some pictures on S45.

And because no "details" on the body so i happy to do not buy it.

Thank you very much for review

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Quick question: can anyone who has one of these confirm how big the feet actually are?

Spare TBL feet always come in (erm) handy, and I bought what I was assured was a loose pair of feet from an S45 on ebay (yeah I know), only to discover they are actually a pair of TBL's new favourite 'giant sized' 3.5cm feet rather than the smaller ones I was expecting. The big feet would surely look stupid on such a small and slender body, and the peg sockets also don't match the smaller size I'm seeing here... but before I take it up with the seller (and short of buying a full 44/45 body seeing as they're around number 10 on my 'to buy' list) I wonder if a kind 44/45 owner could give me a better idea..

Just saw this. The feet on the S45A are indeed 3.5 cm at their longest and about 1.2 cm at their widest (not sure about the accuracy of the second measurement).

davidd

davidd
TBLeague (Phicen) S44 (pale) and S45 (suntan) seamless figures:

Left: S44
Right: S45

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51837432085_28df0ccdea_z

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51837050379_caec6e812e_z

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51836810188_a66103581a_z

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51836699976_ef64a6547a_z

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51835751987_b14c2b8ef7_z

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 51837432035_1f3ca378c4_z

The shorts and tank top set are nicely made of slightly stretchy, durable fabric material. The shorts have an inner liner (underwear or panties) sewn in. The colored hems and side seams are separate pieces of fabric sewn in to the garments.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I have an S45 and while I don't really dislike it or anything (the one I have is actually pretty well-made), I have little use for it and I don't see me getting any more to be honest.  I know you could bulk out the torso with clothing but even so, for realism's sake I'd prefer it if that upper body was broader but kept the same bust size and shape.

GubernatorFan wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:Quick question: can anyone who has one of these confirm how big the feet actually are?

Spare TBL feet always come in (erm) handy, and I bought what I was assured was a loose pair of feet from an S45 on ebay (yeah I know), only to discover they are actually a pair of TBL's new favourite 'giant sized' 3.5cm feet rather than the smaller ones I was expecting. The big feet would surely look stupid on such a small and slender body, and the peg sockets also don't match the smaller size I'm seeing here... but before I take it up with the seller (and short of buying a full 44/45 body seeing as they're around number 10 on my 'to buy' list) I wonder if a kind 44/45 owner could give me a better idea..

Just saw this. The feet on the S45A are indeed 3.5 cm at their longest and about 1.2 cm at their widest (not sure about the accuracy of the second measurement).

Thanks GF, I ended up getting an S45 anyway eventually. Smile

Disputed the feet I received, seller didn't argue, got a refund and kept the 'big' feet. A rare eb*y win!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Thanks GF, I ended up getting an S45 anyway eventually. Smile

Disputed the feet I received, seller didn't argue, got a refund and kept the 'big' feet. A rare eb*y win!

Indeed. Glad it worked out. Sounds like the seller was careless about the labeling and they did the right thing in the end.

davidd

davidd

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Feb1c
February Fun in Florida

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Feb1b

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Feb1a

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 6 Feb1d

TBLeague S45 figure

DarthJ

Sunshine, a nice sandy beach and S45.

The things I do NOT have here.

Life is unfair.