OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 40]

581Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:32 pm

Ovy

Haha, that shark guy is super cute.

582Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:24 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love the shark guy! Looks great. But of course HT chose to skimp on articulation. So no hip articulation, although the hips are covered up. Way to rest on your laurels, HT.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

583Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:09 pm

teamweapon

ukshaun wrote:Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 20230311

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 20230312

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 20230313
LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys - King Shark - PPS006

The beast arrived today. He is the biggest Hot Toys figure in my collection.
King Shark ( voiced by Sylvester Stallone ) is what he is, a large sculpt with little in the way of articulation.
The only parts that can be moved / posed are his feet, hands, upper arms / shoulders.
The figure ships with one pair of swap-out hands and a starfish.

The figure features good texture work and a fitting paint app.

King Shark was arguably the most memorable character in The Suicide Squad (2021)

I probably would not have pick up this figure if it were not for the fact ToysWonderland had a great deal on:

$1280.00 Hong Kong Dollar
$163.00 USD
£137.55 UK Pound

I am happy to have added King Shark to the collection.
Has Hot Toys given up on The Suicide Squad, or will they atleast offer Harley Quinn ?

It makes sense to pick up Hot Toys - Peacemaker to pair with King Shark Smile

king shark was the best character in suicide squad, loved that movie!
its funny how diametrically opposite the 2 versions of that film are, one is unwatchable garbage and the other a very fun romp.
you picked it up for a great price too, looks great.
im sure HT looked at trying to put in more articulation but without using a fully seamless body i guess theres not a whole lot you can do?

584Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:52 pm

ukshaun

Ovy wrote:Haha, that shark guy is super cute.

He is Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:I love the shark guy! Looks great. But of course HT chose to skimp on articulation. So no hip articulation, although the hips are covered up. Way to rest on your laurels, HT.

Hip / Waist articulation would have been fairly simple to have included, and it would not have been visible.

teamweapon wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 20230311

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 20230312

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 20230313
LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys - King Shark - PPS006

The beast arrived today. He is the biggest Hot Toys figure in my collection.
King Shark ( voiced by Sylvester Stallone ) is what he is, a large sculpt with little in the way of articulation.
The only parts that can be moved / posed are his feet, hands, upper arms / shoulders.
The figure ships with one pair of swap-out hands and a starfish.

The figure features good texture work and a fitting paint app.

King Shark was arguably the most memorable character in The Suicide Squad (2021)

I probably would not have pick up this figure if it were not for the fact ToysWonderland had a great deal on:

$1280.00 Hong Kong Dollar
$163.00 USD
£137.55 UK Pound

I am happy to have added King Shark to the collection.
Has Hot Toys given up on The Suicide Squad, or will they atleast offer Harley Quinn ?

It makes sense to pick up Hot Toys - Peacemaker to pair with King Shark Smile

king shark was the best character in suicide squad, loved that movie!
its funny how diametrically opposite the 2 versions of that film are, one is unwatchable garbage and the other a very fun romp.
you picked it up for a great price too, looks great.
im sure HT looked at trying to put in more articulation but without using a fully seamless body i guess theres not a whole lot you can do?

I have time for both Suicide Squad movies, as both had their pluses and negatives.
The original had Harley Quinn and a whole load of music..
The 2nd movie had King Shark and what appeared to be a bigger budget. It was a shame that two great characters were killed off way too soon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

585Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:44 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
EXO-6 Seven of Nine (7of9) arrived today. Stunning figure in hand. Love it.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 _dsc3923
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 _dsc3922

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 C8485110

586Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:49 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:EXO-6 Seven of Nine (7of9) arrived today. Stunning figure in hand. Love it.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 _dsc3923
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 _dsc3922

Looks very good.
Why do they cost as much as they do? (on ebay atleast)

587Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you got it, Mark.

588Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:07 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks really nice, Mark! she will go great withe the others. Do you have enough for a whole crew now?

589Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:58 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:

Looks very good.
Why do they cost as much as they do? (on ebay atleast)

Because... scalpers. She was very VERY limited. In fact, Exo-6 ended up having to change people's orders (down to ONE per instead of 2 or more) due to factory limitations. The body had to be outsourced to another company due to the unique nature of Jeri's figure, so it's a one-off type of situation where that is considered, and the allocation ended up restricted in part due to that. So, the typical eBay scalpers have risen (pun intended) to the occasion.

GubernatorFan wrote:Glad you got it, Mark.

Thanks.

BAMComix wrote:She looks really nice, Mark! she will go great withe the others. Do you have enough for a whole crew now?

Well, not really, but I have to try. Very Happy Chakotay is on imminent arrival, so that leaves 4 characters to finish out the entire main crew of Voyager.

590Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:09 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
@Stryker2011 ah i see, i figured was much, when it comes to ebay scalpers.
While i am not into Star Trek, William Shatner (Admiral James T. Kirk) and Captain Kirt being the only two characters i know the names of, the Seven of Nine portrait looks great!

591Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:27 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 52740047317_cb822e6c2e_b
Nice acquistion by Gary Menten, on Flickr

592Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:20 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
A 1:144 scale paper model of Winterfell (Game of Thrones Very Happy ) - thankfully already assembled by the seller, the tiny size would have driven me nuts to build it. I decided it needed more snow, essentially an excuse to try out this Soilworks stuff.

The first thin layer was quite icy/transparent, so a second layer topped up the white snow fluff effect. I may have overdone it a bit, but happy with the result. Now it needs some teeny dragons……

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 C93e5a10

593Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:41 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
That is really cool!

594Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like winter fell on Winterfell, literally. Smile Which was the point.

595Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:24 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
BAMComix wrote:That is really cool!

Thank you, it’s pretty detailed!

GubernatorFan wrote:Looks like winter fell on Winterfell, literally. Smile Which was the point.

Well indeed, well said!

596Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:55 pm

davidd

davidd
I recently acquired a pre-owned but new-in-box TBLeague Ahrian Pirate figure:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Arhianpirate1

I'm gradually working on assembling the figure. While there are relatively few pieces, the corset is tied together with fussy little bits of string, so it's taking a while. A section of "pleather" has become detached, but a dab of glue should fix it. I hope.

597Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:05 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
davidd wrote:I recently acquired a pre-owned but new-in-box TBLeague Ahrian Pirate figure:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Arhianpirate1

I'm gradually working on assembling the figure. While there are relatively few pieces, the corset is tied together with fussy little bits of string, so it's taking a while. A section of "pleather" has become detached, but a dab of glue should fix it. I hope.

Great acquisition, Dave!

598Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A remarkably nice photo, davidd.

599Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:42 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool grab, and nice photo.

600Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:58 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great pick up Dave! she has beautiful sculpt!

601Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:28 am

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:I recently acquired a pre-owned but new-in-box TBLeague Ahrian Pirate figure

Oooh! I was quite tempted to get that one myself, just for the head and pre-bubble-butt-S23B body. Good for you. Now I don't need to squirm anymore. Laughing 

Beautiful photo, too!

602Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:35 pm

m76

m76
I got a new "figyre" Laughing Can you spot all the mistakes on the box?

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Figyre10

How do such mistakes make it to production, I wonder?

http://madblog.shacknet.us

603Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:22 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL, let's see: figyre, armeo, leoparo... in their defense their script is completely different. But one might think they would consult someone with a modicum of knowledge before putting out the product.

Diana wrote:
davidd wrote:I recently acquired a pre-owned but new-in-box TBLeague Ahrian Pirate figure

Oooh! I was quite tempted to get that one myself, just for the head and pre-bubble-butt-S23B body. Good for you. Now I don't need to squirm anymore. Laughing 

Beautiful photo, too!
If this is still in production, you might end up getting an updated version of the body. Just be aware that they do that.

604Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:43 pm

Melancholic

Melancholic
I found someone with an extra Arhian head that I immediately bought for a crazy low price. I love the quality...

605Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:53 pm

m76

m76
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, let's see: figyre, armeo, leoparo... in their defense their script is completely different. But one might think they would consult someone with a modicum of knowledge before putting out the product.
It's as if they ran it through OCR software before publishing, really weird. But since I don't speak mandarin for all I know their Chinese is just as bad. The figure otherwise is pretty good, nice head sculpt and with lots of accessories. I'm more than satisfied with what I got. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures as I immediately took it apart and raided it for parts. Will post the end result in my regular topic.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

606Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:07 am

crispyorange

crispyorange
m76 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL, let's see: figyre, armeo, leoparo... in their defense their script is completely different. But one might think they would consult someone with a modicum of knowledge before putting out the product.
It's as if they ran it through OCR software before publishing, really weird. But since I don't speak mandarin for all I know their Chinese is just as bad. The figure otherwise is pretty good, nice head sculpt and with lots of accessories. I'm more than satisfied with what I got. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures as I immediately took it apart and raided it for parts. Will post the end result in my regular topic.

There is also the possibility of avoiding copyrights and stuff so they deliberately misspell a few words...it's a pretty common practice amongst 3rd party manufactures.

607Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:35 am

valentin

valentin
It's not 1/6 but supposedly 1/12 ruins... which I originally got for the figma version of goblin slayer, as well as other fantasy-related figmas.

Seems it works well for star wars black series too.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats121
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats122
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats120
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats123
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats124
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats125
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Whats126

608Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:04 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great figs and dio!

609Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:49 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The ruins look very good.
Coincidentally I came to post a bunch of Figma stuff
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Img_6847

Two figures (Ui and Nodoka from the anime K-On!). These were a real bargain. Further two bicycles, a scooter, a motorbike, a three wheelmotorbike and a set with a skateboard and skates. Together for a very good price. I'll post more pics later. (the guy I got it from has more, he's in Germany).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum