OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Beautiful photos and scenery.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Gizems nice Kittens

Now I know why Lexi really wanted to have a boat for herself.
She inspected the dike and found it unsafe.

BAMComix

Amazing shots in the sunlight! very well captured Very Happy

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Those sunset shots are gorgeous. Love those.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you all, the sunset pics are among my favorite of Lexi.

With all her experience she got herself a job as a tourguide.

"Hi, thank you for joining me. We're standing at the Arkeheemse Zeedijk and behind us used to be the Zuiderzee. Now it's a lake: this part is called Nijkerkernauw, which is sort of part of the larger IJsselmeer. There used to be a castle here, but it was demolished in the 17th century. The last remains (the foundations) are under water. So you can't see anything of it, and you'll just have to trust me on it.
On the other side of the lake is the Flevopolder, that used to be sea. We're actually looking in the direction of the Batavia, which we saw a little while ago. But even though it's flat, we can't see it from here."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4016

"At the other side (the landside) is a steam driven pumping station, to keep the polder dry. It was build in 1882 and in service until 1983. Then it was replaced by an electrical pumping station. It's still in working order and even assisted the electrical pumping station a few times, because the polder was too wet. You can take a tour here, including 360° pics, but I'm not in it, so they're pretty boring."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_3919

"The land around the pumping station is a bird sanctuary, so access is forbidden."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4017

"Well, here ends todays tour. Hope you enjoyed it and please join the next one!" And Lexi thinks: "I just got this job as a tourguide and don't want to be fired, so I'm just going to sit here on the fence to make certain they don't trespass."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4018

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sweet photos. I know it is the relatively stiff long sleeves getting in the way of articulation, but Lexi looks almost annoyed showing off the sights for us. Good thing she's easy on the eyes, I suppose. Wink

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She sometimes is a bit grumpy. And you know how tourists can be Wink

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I still have some old pics to show. Lexi is showing the dutch polders.

"Hi, nice to see you back. Thank you for your patience. Today's tour brings us to Varik, a small village in the Betuwe. The Betuwe is famous for its orchards. But we're not going to see those today, so I'm a bit confused why they added that in the information. From the edge of the town we've got a nice view on the town's windmill. It's a grinch mill that was build in 1867. It was restored in 1967, and then it was the prize in a lottery. Today it's in use as a residential house. I guess the person who won, was very happy about it, because it seems like a nice place to live."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4112

"On the dyke there's a nice view across the river and the floodplains. In spring, when the snow and ice in the mountain areas far upstream start melting, and there's rainfall upstream, these usually flood. The sign says where we are (at the blue arrow to the right of my feet)."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4111

"I think the saying is 'when pigs fly', but you really watch out when cows are flying."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4113
"Although technically this one isn't flying, they just loved it so much that they put it on a pedestal. Well, I guess it beats being ground down to beef."

"Ooooh, this was the reason they put the info about the orchards in." *giggles*
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4114

"This guy is Flipje, a cherry guy. That is not a misspelling of cheery, although he seems to be cheery too. He's the mascotte of the region. He's made of cherries, like the Michelin guy is made of tires. I prefer a cherry guy over a tire guy. What do you think?"
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4116

"As you see, he carries me on his hand."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4115

"They used to make comics about him in the fifties and sixties. They like him so much here, that they put these on the benches in the park."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4212

"That way there's always something to read."
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4211

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s nice to see you (and Lexi) back. I was wondering where you had been. I love the Dutch scenery. I’d really like to go there someday, but I’m afraid I wouldn’t want to leave!

davidd

davidd
Delighted to see Lexi (and TravelGuide) back in action with more interesting travel photos. Lexi's outfit is very stylish.

Somebody gets to live in an antique windmill house???? That was given away in a lottery? Oh, man! Is that the best place to live ever, or what? I am so envious! I want to live in a windmill!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lexi gets around, doesn't she? Smile Must be fun to travel around and explore, and this project/habit probably motivates you to do more of that. "The Flying Cow" sounds like an excellent name for a pub. I will not ask if she stole any of Flipje's cherries, and whether he is cheery about that. She is far too proper to have done anything like that. Trying to read Dutch was fun, too. And more productive than trying to read Welsh (in shovelchop's posts).

In the midwestern town I used to live in, there was a house built in the shape of a little windmill -- although it was on a creek so it should have been a watermill. I don't think it was ever a functioning one. It was being used as student apartments, and although it must have been quite small and uncomfortable, there was a long waiting list to rent it.

BAMComix

BAMComix
It's so cool too see her out and about.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:It’s nice to see you (and Lexi) back.  I was wondering where you had been.  I love the Dutch scenery.  I’d really like to go there someday, but I’m afraid I wouldn’t want to leave!
Thanks! I was doing other things. The Dutch scenery is mostly flat and open.

davidd wrote:Delighted to see Lexi (and TravelGuide) back in action with more interesting travel photos. Lexi's outfit is very stylish.

Somebody gets to live in an antique windmill house???? That was given away in a lottery? Oh, man! Is that the best place to live ever, or what? I am so envious! I want to live in a windmill!
Thanks! The lottery is a true story.

GubernatorFan wrote:Lexi gets around, doesn't she? Smile Must be fun to travel around and explore, and this project/habit probably motivates you to do more of that. "The Flying Cow" sounds like an excellent name for a pub. I will not ask if she stole any of Flipje's cherries, and whether he is cheery about that. She is far too proper to have done anything like that. Trying to read Dutch was fun, too. And more productive than trying to read Welsh (in shovelchop's posts).

In the midwestern town I used to live in, there was a house built in the shape of a little windmill -- although it was on a creek so it should have been a watermill. I don't think it was ever a functioning one. It was being used as student apartments, and although it must have been quite small and uncomfortable, there was a long waiting list to rent it.
Yes she goes around, but the last six months she's been mostly at home.
A lady never tells what she does with cherries Wink
Windmills are quite common here (as you might know). Some have been converted to apartments.

BAMComix wrote:It's so cool too see her out and about.
Thanks!

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice. She’d better be careful she doesn’t fall in. Wink

Don’t worry Bro! She has a plastic skeleton, not a steel one! Lol

I love the figure and photo shoot, Travel Guide.
Several of those are super realistic and could fool even the most skilled 1/6 fan!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Pontiacivan wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice. She’d better be careful she doesn’t fall in. Wink

Don’t worry Bro! She has a plastic skeleton, not a steel one! Lol

I love the figure and photo shoot, Travel Guide.
Several of those are super realistic and could fool even the most skilled 1/6 fan!

Thanks! Unfortunately her plastic skeleton is really worn by now, so I think her travelling days are over. I still have some pictures to share though.

Sharp dressed woman
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4315

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4316

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4317

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4319

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4318

davidd

davidd
Perhaps it is time for a new body for Lexi! New body, New Adventures!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I had forgotten she was on a plastic skeleton. Those wear out? I don't remember you doing anything too extreme with her in terms of posing. Maybe Lexi 2.0 (or another character, whatever you decide) will have the backbone (and other bones) of steel? Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Perhaps it is time for a new body for Lexi! New body, New Adventures!
I haven't been able to find a body that matches her skincolor.

GubernatorFan wrote:I had forgotten she was on a plastic skeleton. Those wear out? I don't remember you doing anything too extreme with her in terms of posing. Maybe Lexi 2.0 (or another character, whatever you decide) will have the backbone (and other bones) of steel? Smile
The joints become loose, but worst is that in her neck a small piece that holds the peg to her body came loose, which means her heads sits very loose, and in a bit of an unnatural position.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I love Lexi’s suit! It fits perfectly.

Is Lexi the early Phicen/TBLeague “tan” that’s out of production? There’s got to be a match out there somewhere, although I struggle with that too.

Maybe this will help if you want to try a Jiaou figure. You could probably e-mail them as well and ask what the best color match for Lexi’s current body would be.

Giantoy Jiaou Color Chart

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:I love Lexi’s suit!  It fits perfectly.
Thanks!

Is Lexi the early Phicen/TBLeague “tan” that’s out of production?  There’s got to be a match out there somewhere, although I struggle with that too.

Maybe this will help if you want to try a Jiaou figure.  You could probably e-mail them as well and ask what the best color match for Lexi’s current body would be.

Giantoy Jiaou Color Chart
Indeed she is the early tan. There are just 5 or 6 other figures in that color, most with a big bust and all out of production.

I tried all the Jiaodoll colors that might be close, but none are close enough. One kinda works, but in bright sunlight the difference is clear. I posted pics before: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3594p90-my-travelcompanion-lexi-pic-heavy-update-2-may-more-polders#50462

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like her business attire. Very nice.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 C8485110

Diana

Diana
TravelGuide wrote:I haven't been able to find a body that matches her skincolor.
Consider a repaint then! I haven't done it, but it does look very doable. Smile

Either get a pale body and recolor it with rit dye or... it might be easier to give her face a subtle repaint. Just the skin areas, leaving the lips and eyes as they are.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Unless you have a lot of experience panting faces, I would go with dyeing a body. If something goes wrong, you can just try again with another body. If something goes wrong trying to paint Lexi’s face, you’re going to be very upset with yourself.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:Unless you have a lot of experience panting faces, I would go with dyeing a body.  If something goes wrong, you can just try again with another body.  If something goes wrong trying to paint Lexi’s face, you’re going to be very upset with yourself.
Yes, I'm not going to try painting her face. That's beyond my skilllevel.

I did get her a replacementbody though  cheers (original PLMB2013-17 tancolor, a bit overpriced, but since I sold the other bodies I got as a replacement for her, I didn't spend more money than I already had).

She's also got rollerskates, and an appropriate outfit to go with it.
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_5812

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_5810

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_5811

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice posing and photos — the outfit looks appropriate as well.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second Stryker.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great new pics!

davidd

davidd
Looks like Lexi is ready to roll once again!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Apparantly I forgot to answer the replies  Embarassed Thank you all!

davidd wrote:Looks like Lexi is ready to roll once again!
Yes. I'm very happy I found a replacement body for her in the right color cheers
The skates are a bit of a disappointment though. They're very loose Sad

For her guided tours Lexi got a proper uniform
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_5518
It's actually a stewardessuniform, but hostesses wear similar uniforms.

There were still some pictures in my backlog. Christmas 2020, Lexi is the star:
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4421

At the same christmas Allison and Lexi swapped gifts:
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4624

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4623

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4622

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4627

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4626

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4625

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 8 Img_4628

They wore the dresses earlier in this thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum