OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Those fake Romans! And if you're going to put her on your windshield, you should improvise a seat belt. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

davidd

The light is quite nice in most of your travel photo! Good weather follows Lexi, it would seem!

I enjoyed seeing the Tour reminders on the pavement! Bardet, Barguil, Sagan... and Tony must be Tony Martin!

Perhaps Lexi needs a bicycle of her own!

TravelGuide

GubernatorFan wrote:Those fake Romans! And if you're going to put her on your windshield, you should improvise a seat belt. Smile

I probably should, because unbelted she can only ride it on the straights. Otherwise she's thrown around in the car (and that's not becasue of my driving style, but because there is so little friction that she easily slides off).

davidd wrote:The light is quite nice in most of your travel photo! Good weather follows Lexi, it would seem!

I enjoyed seeing the Tour reminders on the pavement! Bardet, Barguil, Sagan... and Tony must be Tony Martin!

Perhaps Lexi needs a bicycle of her own!
Thanks! Well, it's not much fun standing in the rain taking pictures. So I usually avoid that.

By now Lexi has her own transportation. Not a bicycle though. I'm going to skip a few trips to show it, before returning to the older trips.

She got a motorbike and a car (the motorbike is from Action Man, the car is from Barbie). I found both for €4 (each). The car is a bit to small. The actual scale of most Barbie cars is about 1:8. But if she's seated in it, it looks OK. Good thing about these is that they're easy to find for low prices (at least here in the Netherlands). I got both from marktplaats.nl, which is a trading site.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3410

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3512

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3511

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3513

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3515

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3514

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3510

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3518

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3516

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3519

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3520

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3521

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3612

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3613

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3610

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_3614

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Some awesome shots. The story of the lady at the dam was funny. Glorious scenery, and like the Guv said — bummer about the castle being obscured by scaffolding. I like her motorcycle (looks like a BMW).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks great on the motorbike. The car shows its toy origins, but you're right, that's pretty much what you can expect from Barbie vehicles. If you can find one for a reasonable price (this was still doable a few years ago), the tan and red mini coopers (also convertibles) are slightly more realistic, although still a little undersized. I've used them here and there -- in the useful items thread and maybe Barbie De-Barbiefied (I forget).

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Some awesome shots. The story of the lady at the dam was funny. Glorious scenery, and like the Guv said — bummer about the castle being obscured by scaffolding. I like her motorcycle (looks like a BMW).
Thanks!
Indeed the scaffolding at the castle was unfortunate.

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks great on the motorbike. The car shows its toy origins, but you're right, that's pretty much what you can expect from Barbie vehicles. If you can find one for a reasonable price (this was still doable a few years ago), the tan and red mini coopers (also convertibles) are slightly more realistic, although still a little undersized. I've used them here and there -- in the useful items thread and maybe Barbie De-Barbiefied (I forget).
Thanks.
I think I've seen your pictures. I think the Fiat 500 is a bit better too (it's a small car in real life anyway).

Back to 2018. On the way home Lexi was sitting on the dashboard, enjoying the view. Pics were near Brussels, Antwerp, the border and close to home when the sun was setting.

The fireworks are from the next trip (again to France) in september 2018. I don't know what they were for. From our cabin we had a nice view at the lake. There were a lot of stairs to get to the lake though.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0513

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0514

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0515

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0516

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0610

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0611

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0612

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0613

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0614

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0615

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0616

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0617

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0712

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0711

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0710

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0619

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0618

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0620

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another bunch of nice photos. But take that second shot and make it (digitally or by recreation) against a starry sky (or even a fireworks show) and you've got her hanging out on a spaceship, enjoying the view.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you.

In september 2019 she visited an excavation in Germany. It's an enormous open mine. For these excavation (there are several in the area around Aachen) they moved highways and towns. There are still some remains of them to be found.
The excavated brown coal is transported to several (big) powerplants in the vicinity. All this travelling makes here hungry, so sometimes she takes time for lunch.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0911

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0912

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0910

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0913

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0914

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0915

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0917

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0918

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0916

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0919

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_0920

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1010

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1011

Valiarde

Valiarde
I was at that excavation mine not too long ago...I think in mid 2019. Cool to see your Lexi there. Smile
PS: Even a 1/1 human would look tiny there

davidd

davidd
More adventures with Lexi! She has her own vehicles now, so she can head off without you tagging along!
Razz

I really like the outfit she is wearing in the forest and lake pictures.

That mine excavation is amazing! Shocked

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks Valiarde and Davidd.

Indeed it the excavation is enormous. The machines are gigantic too, but in the pictures they seem smaller than Lexi.

davidd wrote:More adventures with Lexi! She has her own vehicles now, so she can head off without you tagging along!

And she did that a lot last year, there's still a lot to come Smile

Some more pics with her wearing that outfit. This time in the polders of the Netherlands and a windmill in the Eiffel region in Germany.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1111

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1112

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1110

davidd

davidd
Perhaps Lexi can return to the Netherlands in winter... and take her ice skates!

More fun and colorful travel photos! Lexi is a most entertaining travel companion and guide!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The outfit is quite nice. I could use it for something I have in mind myself... More spectacular photos, as always. Just a little creeped-out about them moving highways and roads "just" to expand a mine... I hope you are careful with Lexi. Has she ever tumbled to the point of you having to make a difficult rescue?

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Perhaps Lexi can return to the Netherlands in winter... and take her ice skates!

More fun and colorful travel photos! Lexi is a most entertaining travel companion and guide!
Yes, she is very entertaining.
She is mostly in the Netherlands. There have been very few occasions with ice. Recently I have been looking for iceskates, but couldn't find any.
GubernatorFan wrote:The outfit is quite nice. I could use it for something I have in mind myself... More spectacular photos, as always. Just a little creeped-out about them moving highways and roads "just" to expand a mine... I hope you are careful with Lexi. Has she ever tumbled to the point of you having to make a difficult rescue?
What she is wearing is usually a combination of loose parts. The green top I bought separately, just like the shorts and the black boots, all on Ebay. I don't think they're available anymore.

The plaid skirt is from a schoolgirl-outfit, I think from Verycool. It came with a jacket, blouse, stockings, shoes and bag. She's wearing the outfit in post 32, but with a lingerieset instead of the stockings and blouse.

The black Adidas shoes came with the striped dress that she's been wearing in post 22. It came with a shopping bag and a black top. I've only used the shopping bag and top a few times. The shoes and dress often. Recently I found a site (with amazing pics) where someones figure was wearing the complete outfit: http://www.metropolitan-art.net/eun.html (in the second gallery). It's worth checking out this site, because they have amazing pictures there.

I always take care that I put Lexi in positions so that if she falls, I can easily retrieve her. So although sometimes it seems she is sitting on ledges with a deep fall, there's always solid ground at most a few meters away. Once she lost one of her shoes, that was in the shoot in post 22. She was wearing white pumps, but lost one of them, which is why she is not wearing shoes in that shoot. I only found that out when I was on the next location, but was able to go back and retrieve the shoe.

Now some pictures of her in her lingerie (might be NSFW). Usually I find the spots when I am on a cycling trip, and then later return (by car) with Lexi to make pictures. When I passed a town Sexey-sur-Forges, I had to make a picture of sexy Lexi on the sign. Unfortunately the sign was rather high, it was windy and she didn't sit very stable, so I was only able to take a few pictures and most didn't turn out well. In the car she rode a while on the dashboard and we saw a chicken crossing the highway (might be a bit bad to see, but the artwork in the center represents a chicken).

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1210

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1212

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1211

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1213

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
LOL... did you plan this ahead of time? Sexy lingerie Lexi on the Sexey sign? Or was it a lucky coincidence? Anyway, not showing anything particularly explicit, so ok.

davidd

davidd
Ha ha! I love it that after you spotted the road sign, you went home to get Lexi! That is a sign of a dedicated professional! (Or an obsessed lunatic! But as I have done the same sort of thing in the past, I prefer dedicated professional!)

Illusion

Illusion
some very nice shots... quite a bit to take in and digest Very Happy

I love the changing outfits too!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
More cool photos: from the fireworks to the dashboard shots. The shot of her on the railing looks like she’s sitting on a slide. And the shading her eyes from the sun is a cool pic, too. Awesome scenery as usual.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GubernatorFan wrote:LOL... did you plan this ahead of time? Sexy lingerie Lexi on the Sexey sign? Or was it a lucky coincidence? Anyway, not showing anything particularly explicit, so ok.

Sort of both. When I passed the sign on my biking tour, I thought that it'd be great to return there later and take a pic of Lexi there. Luckily she had packed her lingerie, so she was able to pose in it.

davidd wrote:Ha ha! I love it that after you spotted the road sign, you went home to get Lexi! That is a sign of a dedicated professional! (Or an obsessed lunatic! But as I have done the same sort of thing in the past, I prefer dedicated professional!)

Well, it's what I usually do on my holidays. One or two days of cycling.Then one day of no cycling and often taking some pics of Lexi. Repeat a few times.

Illusion wrote:some very nice shots... quite a bit to take in and digest Very Happy

I love the changing outfits too!

Thanks! Lexi is usually dressed for the occasion. So if it's warmer, she's showing more skin. If it's colder she's more covered up.

Even though I'm now posting last year's pics, there's still a lot to come, because last summer I took a enormous amount of pictures. There will be some stories too, and she will meet some more figures (as in: not mine).

Stryker2011 wrote:More cool photos: from the fireworks to the dashboard shots. The shot of her on the railing looks like she’s sitting on a slide. And the shading her eyes from the sun is a cool pic, too. Awesome scenery as usual.
Thanks! I never looked at the railing pics that way, but you're right.

After Sexey-sur-Forges (which is near Nancy), we went to the Alps. There she enjoyed the view on the slopes of the col de Marocaz, which is quite steep. (That was actually a bit of a surpise to me, it was my first col of that vacation, and intended to be to get into climbing again. I didn't really know it. It was a 7 or 8 km climb, and I was surprised that most kilometersigns gave percentages over 10%. Which is kinda steep to climb). The view into the valley was wonderful. So I returned a few days later with Lexi. Although unfortunetaly the view was to the south, so against the sun. But still the pictures turned out nice.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1216

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1215

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1214

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1218

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1219

The next pictures were taken on the slopes of the Mont de Cats (which figured in the Tour the France a few times in recent years). From the eastern slopes there is a wonderful view over the lake. We went over the top to enjoy the view over the valley (from various viewpoints until almost below).

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1217

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1220

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1222

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1221

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1224

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1225

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1226

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1228

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1229

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1311

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1310

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1312

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1313

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1314

davidd

davidd
In that last photo, it looks like if Lexi had slipped off the railing, she would have bounced down the hillside!
Shocked

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Since you mentioned Nancy, it occurs to me that you could create a bunch of friends for Lexi, then photograph them with the signs that correspond to their names. Might be too much work though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful locations. Lexi definitely has some nice views.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:In that last photo, it looks like if Lexi had slipped off the railing, she would have bounced down the hillside!
Shocked
It may look like that, but if that could have happened, I wouldn't have put her there  Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:Since you mentioned Nancy, it occurs to me that you could create a bunch of friends for Lexi, then photograph them with the signs that correspond to their names. Might be too much work though.
I seem to remember passing a town Lexi or Lexy once, but there wasn't a good photospot. Can't find with Google maps though, so maybe I'm misremembering (there is one Lexy in the north of France, but I've never been there).

Not sure if it is a good idea to let her invite friends with approriate town names. Looking at most of the collections here, they seem to multipy like crazy if you give them the chance.

Stryker2011 wrote:Beautiful locations. Lexi definitely has some nice views.
Thanks. That was actually one of my favorite photoshoots, the views there were among the most amazing I've seen.

During the holiday she built herself a castle and the Eiffeltower. Or maybe she was on a mission to shrink France.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1315

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1316

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1317

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1319

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1318

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1410

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1412

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1411

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1413

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Love the mini castle and Eiffel tower. Too bad neither is entirely to scale for Lexi. But still nice.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's pretty cool. Love the "locations".

Diana

Diana
You two have been to some beautiful places! Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic pictures!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks all! I stumbled on them when we went from the Alps to the Saarregion, and just had to take pictures of them with Lexi.

Lexi enjoyed the view on Saarburg. She looks so real in those pictures!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1414

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1415

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1416

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 3 Img_1417

Edit: hey, 100th post Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, very realistic. And always a fan of castles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum