OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I second that. Somehow these images look even more realistic.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Theboo-bomb

Those shots look great, I think it has to be the angle. Great job.

TravelGuide

Stryker2011 wrote:I like the angle and depth of field of the last pic.

GubernatorFan wrote:I second that. Somehow these images look even more realistic.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those shots look great, I think it has to be the angle. Great job.

Thank you all so much! Indeed the low angles work great. What also helps is photographing from closeby and zooming in a little bit. Most modern camera's distort the picture a bit at the edges. This can be very annoying if there's a face to the edge of a picture. Zooming in helps against that (it's probably because most camera's have a fairly wide view/angle as their standard setting).

Gizems nice Kittens

A nice afternoon on the terrace. Beautiful pictures with Lexi and Allison.

Diana

Diana
What they said. Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:A nice afternoon on the terrace. Beautiful pictures with Lexi and Allison.

Diana wrote:What they said. Smile
Thank you two/too!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
GubernatorFan wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:The coat is very nice. Only downside of it that I could find no way to actually button it up. It's got tiny buttons and buttonholes. Too tiny for me to put the buttons through the holes. But the belt holds it together.

It still looks great. Perhaps look into parted out DID sets (for example on Monkey Depot -- if they ship to you) for the DID button tool. Maybe this will help. I got one myself, but haven't used it yet.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Tool_DiD_1_1_Scale_Button_Hook_Tool_p/dl2700.htm
Thanks. That helped (although I didn't got it at monkeydepot, but from Ebay).

Quick pic:

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_5016

Getting her buttoned up was kinda easy, although apparantly she needs to go on a diet (even though she already has a small waist). Only the bottom two buttons can be buttoned up.

I hope getting it unbuttoned goes well too.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Laughing No more ice cream

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
lol! Or more exercise. She shouldn't ride her car so much.

davidd

davidd
Nice new outfit with the red jacket! I like it!

A Man

TravelGuide wrote:more exercise.

Now, that is a bit insensitive, don't you think? Wink
The trench coat looks like Acplay ATS049, which I believe is tailored for the Poptoys Xing body - which has a shorter torso compared the typical Tbleague/Jiao Doll body.  
Acplay's promo-photo:

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 ZeSfqAC4_o

I use this coat on the s27b, which has a similar height, but clearly narrower shoulders compared to the Xing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it worked very well, TravelGuide. Yep, accommodating the particular nature of TBLeague seamless bodies comes with a price -- an unbuttoned button or two. But I don't think it mars the look.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Nice new outfit with the red jacket! I like it!
Thank you! It indeed looks great. (It's not exactly new though, she has been wearing it before)

A Man wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:more exercise.

Now, that is a bit insensitive, don't you think?  Wink
The trench coat looks like Acplay ATS049, which I believe is tailored for the Poptoys Xing body - which has a shorter torso compared the typical Tbleague/Jiao Doll body.  
Acplay's promo-photo:

I use this coat on the s27b, which has a similar height, but clearly narrower shoulders compared to the Xing.
Indeed, that's the set.
And my comment about Lexi was a reference about her taking her car mostly nowadays instead of walking.

GubernatorFan wrote:I think it worked very well, TravelGuide. Yep, accommodating the particular nature of TBLeague seamless bodies comes with a price -- an unbuttoned button or two. But I don't think it mars the look.
It does work well. Actually Lexi's PMLB2013-17 body is (IMO) one of the more realistic in measurements, but still a bit on the slender side. Converted tot 1:1 she's 173 cm tall, measurements are 83-58-87.

A Man

TravelGuide wrote: Lexi's PMLB2013-17 body is (IMO) one of the more realistic in measurements, but still a bit on the slender side. Converted tot 1:1 she's 173 cm tall, measurements are 83-58-87.

Are the measurements on the JO-Q10C you have used similar?
I have considered ordering one of those, and was wondering how close they come to the numbers of the JOQ--05B, which I have calculated to be 173-175cm tall (depending on which head is used) and 79-56-88 - i.e. a bit leaner than your PMLB2013-17.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
A Man wrote:
TravelGuide wrote: Lexi's PMLB2013-17 body is (IMO) one of the more realistic in measurements, but still a bit on the slender side. Converted tot 1:1 she's 173 cm tall, measurements are 83-58-87.

Are the measurements on the JO-Q10C you have used similar?
I have considered ordering one of those, and was wondering how close they come to the numbers of the JOQ--05B, which I have calculated to be 173-175cm tall (depending on which head is used) and 79-56-88 - i.e. a bit leaner than your PMLB2013-17.
The 10C is 175 tall (with Lexi's head), 84-58-87. Bra size 70C.
Despite being longer, the legs seem shorter, and her body longer, but I haven't measured them. Overall the bodyshape is noticably different (to Lexi). The 10C seems a to have a bit more flesh than the 05B.

I got some extra 10C-bodies, which I won't use (BS and KT004), if you're in Europe and want one of them, PM me, maybe we can work something out.

A Man

Thank you for your quick response.
Interesting. I have noticed the long body on the JO-Q05B as well.  Compared to a Tbleague body, the area around the waist seems stretched.
Leg length on the Q05 is however on par with a S16a and just a fraction shorter than the s32a.  I calculate the inseam to 81cm (measured to where the detatchable feet begin).
Have you measured the inseam on the JOQ-01C?

Will send you a PM re. your suggestion.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Indeed the waist-area seems stretched. I haven't measured the inseam. And she's in high heels now, so I'd need to change the feet first (and they're really tight with the Jiaoudolls).

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
After Allison ended up in our garden and the following holiday with Allison and Bernadette, Lexi was back home again. It was getting autumn and she acquired a new coat to prepare for the coming colder period of the year. She took a stroll in the park. When she sat at the waterside, she pondered if there'd be any fish there.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3711

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3712

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3710

She also got new boots, to replace the ones she was wearing in the first pictures in this topic.

(pics are from october last year)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A very striking outfit and look, and a perfect way to offset the slight bleakness of the cooling season.

davidd

davidd
Lexi is looking more stylish than ever!

Annalise

Annalise
Beautiful. That's a great outfit.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That outfit really looks good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 C8485110

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful atmospheric autumn shots at the lake.

Valiarde

Valiarde
That is indeed a really pretty outfit. I like it. The red in front of the greenish sourroundings pop out even more.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you all so much!

Indeed it was an instant favorite. She'll give you a full twirl Smile

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3713

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3714

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3716

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3715

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3717

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Twirl! Nice.

A Man

The colour red goes very well with Lexi's dark hair.
October seems so far away.

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
wow, she really comes around. very nice shots and quite a travel she had so far. sorry if i havent read every post and its been mentioned before, but has the difference in temperature and humidity affected the body so far? while i do own a few seamless male bodies, they are displayed/stored in a dry room 24/7 with almost a constant temperature.
kind regards
tjolnir

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
A Man wrote:The colour red goes very well with Lexi's dark hair.
October seems so far away.
Thank you! Indeed it looks smashing.

Tjolnir wrote:wow, she really comes around. very nice shots and quite a travel she had so far. sorry if i havent read every post and its been mentioned before, but has the difference in temperature and humidity affected the body so far? while i do own a few seamless male bodies, they are displayed/stored in a dry room 24/7 with almost a constant temperature.
kind regards
tjolnir
Not so much the temperature and humidty, I think, but all the traveling caused a bit of discolorization of her body. Which isn't too bad though. Worse is her body wore down, so she's not holding many poses now. And since she's tan, a replacement is impossible to get.
GubernatorFan wrote:Twirl! Nice.
Twirling made her dizzy (or maybe it was from all the compliments), so she had to sit down.
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3718

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3720

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3719

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3721

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 6 Img_3810

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum