OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Diana

You two have been to some beautiful places! Smile

csyeung

Fantastic pictures!

TravelGuide

Thanks all! I stumbled on them when we went from the Alps to the Saarregion, and just had to take pictures of them with Lexi.

Lexi enjoyed the view on Saarburg. She looks so real in those pictures!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1414

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1415

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1416

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1417

Edit: hey, 100th post Very Happy

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I agree, very realistic. And always a fan of castles.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, very realistic. And always a fan of castles.

Did someone say castles?
bounce

I like that she keeps showing up in new outfits on your tours.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s some gorgeous shots. Love the scenery as usual.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks all!

@Valiarde: there will be more outfits. She gets new ones once in awhile (i was going to say regularly, but that's not really true, because usually I buy some new ones shortly after eachother, and none for quite awhile).

Now a short break from the scenic views. In the apartment we were staying there was a decorative boat, so Lexi went fishing in the bathroom. She also rode a deer.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1420

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1418

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1419

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1422

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1421

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1423

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1424

csyeung

csyeung
That boat is awesome!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice posing, even if one (the boat) is realistic enough, the other less so -- unless she was riding a little deer statue. Smile

davidd

davidd
The boat is nicely to scale. Take it with you the next time you take Lexi to a lake or river! Very Happy

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
csyeung wrote:That boat is awesome!
Thanks. Indeed it was!

davidd wrote:The boat is nicely to scale. Take it with you the next time you take Lexi to a lake or river! Very Happy
Unfortunetaly that's not possible. The boat was a decoration in the apartment I was staying it, so it's not my own.
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice posing, even if one (the boat) is realistic enough, the other less so -- unless she was riding a little deer statue. Smile

Well, I' m not always going for realism, sometimes it's fun to use objects that aren't the proper scale.
Like when Lexi was wondering were I'd store her pictures and decided to go searching for them.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_0310

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_0423

But back to the Saar region. There were ruins of a roman theatre (unlike the ' roman'  aquadusct, this was a real one). I guess the reason the put it there, was because of the nice view into the valley. The view is onto the village I was staying in.
While I was taking the pictures a couple approached the theatre and sat themselves there.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1510

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1512

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1511

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1515

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1514

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1513

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1517

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1516

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1518

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1519

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
A bit further on that hillside, there was a viewpoint (next to a small warcemetary) with a nice view over the Saarvalley.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1521

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1520

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1522

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1524

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1525

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1523

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That boat is great. And the scenic view of the town and the little amphitheater is really nice, as well.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:That boat is great. And the scenic view of the town and the little amphitheater is really nice, as well.
Thanks. Similar boats can be found on the German Ebay, searching for " Deko boot".

Now some pictures of the Saar valley/rives, with a red rockformation.
And then we went home again, where a new dress had arrived for her.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1527

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1526

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1610

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1613

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1612

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1611

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1824

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1823

csyeung

csyeung
Nice! How's the quality of that cheongsam? Thought about grabbing one off ebay.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool photos with beautiful locations and great looking outfits! Very Happy

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
csyeung wrote:Nice! How's the quality of that cheongsam? Thought about grabbing one off ebay.
It's very nice. It's got a zipper at the back, which makes dressing her up easy.
I got it from machinegun.fr. I think they still have it available.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool photos with beautiful locations and great looking outfits! Very Happy
Thanks.

I've already showed you Lexi's car a while ago. Now it's time to show her getting it and riding it for the first time. She first took a good look at it (and noties it didn't have an actual windscreen) and then took it for a ride. It was a good thing it was offroad capable, because she immediately took it off the road. She forgot to check which gear it was in, or put it in reverse, but luckily found the brakes quick. The she decided to try an obstacle course (and complained about trees appearing out of nowhere). I guess she needs a few driving lessons Laughing

After that first ride I made her a customized licenseplate and she took it offroad on purpose.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1615

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1614

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1616

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1617

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1618

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1619

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1621

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1620

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1622

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1624

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1623

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1625

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1628

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1626

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1627

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1629

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1630

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1631

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1632

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1633

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1634

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1636

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1637

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1635

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1638

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1639

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1640

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_1641

davidd

davidd
The car and Lexi's outfit are colour-coordinated! I'm sure Barbie would approve! Razz

This is an entertaining series of images. You must have had some good fun setting up these scenes!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful series of photos. The Barbies are always so careless and leave their car with the key in the ignition. Afterwards they are surprised that their car is gone.  Twisted Evil

Diana

Diana
The initial faux pas can be forgiven, given the excellent precision later on. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lexi seems like a wild driver. Was she texting? Very Happy

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:The car and Lexi's outfit are colour-coordinated! I'm sure Barbie would approve! Razz

This is an entertaining series of images. You must have had some good fun setting up these scenes!
Thanks! Indeed it was fun. Actually the story kinda evolved on its own. And quite easy to set up as well. Basically just pushing the car around and sometimes changing Lexi's pose a bit.

I don't think the color coordination was entirely intentional. In real life the color of the car is actually even closer than her dress than it is in the pictures (in which the car is too blueish).

Gizems nice Kittens wrote: Beautiful series of photos.
Thanks!

Diana wrote:The initial faux pas can be forgiven, given the excellent precision later on. Smile
I'm not sure if the precision is all intentional, but sometimes caused by circumstande (i.e. her avoiding objects she hadn't noticed at first).

Stryker2011 wrote:Lexi seems like a wild driver. Was she texting? Very Happy
lol! I don't know. It's possible, in the first picture you can see she's got her phone in the car.

For now there's a pause in Lexi's travels, while Allison's story is told.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
This update came sooner than I though, because there has been snow, which led to some cool pictures. Allison was a bit hesitant to get out. I guess she didn't like the cold.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4826

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4827

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4825

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4828

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4829

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4830

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4833

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4831

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 4 Img_4832

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look nicely in-scale, so well done.

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful pictures in the snow. Well done.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These Winter shots are so cool. And yes, they do look in scale in most of them. Love the tiny footprints — and effect of her turning around in the snow.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed very cool series of photos!

Diana

Diana
Nicely done! Love the footprints! Smile

Illusion

Illusion
yes, the footprints are easily forgotten... nicely done

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next