OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
These Winter shots are so cool. And yes, they do look in scale in most of them. Love the tiny footprints — and effect of her turning around in the snow.

BAD WOLF-787

Indeed very cool series of photos!

Diana

Nicely done! Love the footprints! Smile

Illusion

yes, the footprints are easily forgotten... nicely done

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you so much GubernatorFan, Gizems nice Kittens, BAD WOLf, Styker, Diana and Illusion.

The footprints are indeed easily forgotten and makes it so much more realistis. I try to take attention to these details. A while ago I posted pictures of Lexi in her car, and there too I took care to put tyremarkings in the sand.
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_3521

Today she ventured on the ice. I have been looking for iceskates a while ago, but unfortunately I couldn't find any. So she had to walk. In the distance she spotted a hole in the ice, and birds were gathering there. She decided to walk around the lake and carefully approach them. The birds weren't scared of her (and the photographer) and she got pretty close.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4913

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4912

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4911

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4916

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4922

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4921

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4923

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4924

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4914

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4915

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4919

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4917

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4918

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4920

Several of the pictures are a bit similar, but they were so amazing that I couldn't really decide which ones to post and which ones not  Embarassed also because in some the birds were closer and sometimes one was heading towards Lexi

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Did you also do a risk analysis before you went out on the ice?

75 kg / 1 = 75
0.3 kg / (1/36) foot area = 11

Please, even if the ice can withstand Lexi, do not go on the ice yourself. Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The footprints in the snow are precious, and the shots of her on the ice and looking out over the 'lake' are very convincing.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Footprints are easily forgotten. Unless we're talking about elves. In that case they were intentionally left out. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Diana wrote:Footprints are easily forgotten. Unless we're talking about elves. In that case they were intentionally left out. Smile

Laughing - yeah, the last way out is to simply reclassify the figure My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Smilie_engel_032

as for the bird watching, I like the last one best

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Very cool photos with the birds!

And an indeed the footprints in the snow was a great touch.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like her winter outfit. That was risky, with the ice, but worked out very well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice ice shots and birds. A few of the early ones actually made me concerned for your safety, and the one where the bird was heading toward Lexi made me think a “bird snatching” was about to commence — or would that be a “snatching bird”.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Did you also do a risk analysis before you went out on the ice?

75 kg / 1 = 75
0.3 kg / (1/36) foot area = 11

Please, even if the ice can withstand Lexi, do not go on the ice yourself. Laughing
Don't worry, I didn't go onto the ice myself.

skywalkersaga wrote:The footprints in the snow are precious, and the shots of her on the ice and looking out over the 'lake' are very convincing.
Thank you very much!

Diana wrote:Footprints are easily forgotten. Unless we're talking about elves. In that case they were intentionally left out. Smile

Illusion wrote:

Laughing - yeah, the last way out is to simply reclassify the figure My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Smilie_engel_032

as for the bird watching, I like the last one best
Thank you both! But the elves should not sink in the snow then, I guess.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Very cool photos with the birds!

And an indeed the footprints in the snow was a great touch.
Thank you too!

GubernatorFan wrote:I like her winter outfit. That was risky, with the ice, but worked out very well.
Thank you. I did hesitate a bit before I put Lexi on the ice, but it seemed thick enough for her. So I carefully put her down to see if it would hold.

The coat is very nice. Only downside of it that I could find no way to actually button it up. It's got tiny buttons and buttonholes. Too tiny for me to put the buttons through the holes. But the belt holds it together.
The scarf and headband arrived a few days before the shoot, right on time. They're meant for Barbie though.

Stryker2011 wrote:Nice ice shots and birds. A few of the early ones actually made me concerned for your safety, and the one where the bird was heading toward Lexi made me think a “bird snatching” was about to commence — or would that be a “snatching bird”.
Thank you. I was amazed how close to the birds I could get without scaring them. I think I put Lexi about maybe a meter (at most) from the hole. And I was just a little bit behind her (but not on the ice). The birds didn't seem very interested in her.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
TravelGuide wrote:The coat is very nice. Only downside of it that I could find no way to actually button it up. It's got tiny buttons and buttonholes. Too tiny for me to put the buttons through the holes. But the belt holds it together.

It still looks great. Perhaps look into parted out DID sets (for example on Monkey Depot -- if they ship to you) for the DID button tool. Maybe this will help. I got one myself, but haven't used it yet.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Tool_DiD_1_1_Scale_Button_Hook_Tool_p/dl2700.htm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Tnx for the tip. I'll look into it.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Still snow here, probably the last day. Lexi wanted to see how her little 4x4 handled the circumstances. It did fine, and as you can see her driving has improved a lot Smile

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4933

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4934

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4935

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4937

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4936

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4938

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4939

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4941

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4940

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4943

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4942

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4944

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_4945

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Beautiful pictures, especially the ones with the bridge are interesting.
Good that Lexi has such warm clothes with the car open.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad she was using a four-wheel drive.

A Man

Proper winter tyres is the key to successful winter motoring. Smile
It also pleases me to see that Lexi has some proper winter clothes to protect her against the freezing temperatures.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those low view shots are great. Makes it her look more in scale. Hopefully you didn’t have to lay on the ground to pull those off.

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 C8485110

Diana

Diana
Beautiful scenery. <3
And well done keeping it all looking in the right scale!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some great shots and some beautiful architecture, that aqueduct is amazing.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 1f60e

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Beautiful pictures, especially the ones with the bridge are interesting.
Good that Lexi has such warm clothes with the car open.
Thank you! Indeed the bridge is nice to scale.

GubernatorFan wrote:I'm glad she was using a four-wheel drive.
Thanks! Me too!

A Man wrote:Proper winter tyres is the key to successful winter motoring. Smile
It also pleases me to see that Lexi has some proper winter clothes to protect her against the freezing temperatures.
Thanks! I can´t let her freeze. Maybe I should get her some gloves too (they're on my wishlist but haven't gotten to them yet).

Stryker2011 wrote:Those low view shots are great. Makes it her look more in scale. Hopefully you didn’t have to lay on the ground to pull those off.
Thank you! I like those too. Most were taken kinda blind, because I didn't want to lie down in the snow. And by now I've learned that with taking close-ups, or zooming in you can skew the perspective.

Diana wrote:Beautiful scenery. <3
And well done keeping it all looking in the right scale!
Thank you! I try my best Smile

Theboo-bomb wrote:Some great shots and some beautiful architecture, that aqueduct is amazing.
Thank you! Indeed Lexi has been to some nice places. Getting her and the architecture in the picture can be challenging though.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
One week later. The snow has disappeared and it's warm enough to enjoy an afternoon in the sun.
My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_5011

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_5010

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_5012

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_5014

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_5015

My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 Img_5013

Lexi has a Jiaoudoll 10C YS body here, which is a bit too light. The sunlight enhances the difference.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the angle and depth of field of the last pic.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that. Somehow these images look even more realistic.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those shots look great, I think it has to be the angle. Great job.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! My travelcompanion Lexi (pic heavy) - update 2 june - Castle Haarzuilen - Page 5 1f60e

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:I like the angle and depth of field of the last pic.

GubernatorFan wrote:I second that. Somehow these images look even more realistic.

Theboo-bomb wrote:Those shots look great, I think it has to be the angle. Great job.

Thank you all so much! Indeed the low angles work great. What also helps is photographing from closeby and zooming in a little bit. Most modern camera's distort the picture a bit at the edges. This can be very annoying if there's a face to the edge of a picture. Zooming in helps against that (it's probably because most camera's have a fairly wide view/angle as their standard setting).

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
A nice afternoon on the terrace. Beautiful pictures with Lexi and Allison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum